“Great way to explore lush Maui!”
Review of Hike Maui

Hike Maui
Book In Advance
More Info
$129.16*
and up
East Maui Waterfalls and Rainforest Hike
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim beneath waterfalls, hike through rain forests & Haleakala Crater with a renowned naturalist. Kayak and snorkel on colorful reefs attended by Maui's most knowledgeable and personable guides. Awarded Hawaii EcoTourism Assoc. 2010 Operator of the Year, Hike Maui has received countless raves for guided hiking tours on the island of Maui since 1983. Hike with guides recognized for their knowledge of Hawaii's natural environment and culture, and who lead with aloha and safety consciousness. They'll immerse you in the beauty of nature, engage you throughout the tour and inspire you to expand your boundaries of fun. Hike Maui is the oldest hiking tour company on the island, and the only one with permits to conduct tours in the national park and on all state hiking trails as well as some private trails. Ask about hotel pickup; book online and save 10%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Seattle, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great way to explore lush Maui!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We did the all day rainforest hike and had a great time. Our guide Jeremy was extremely knowledgeable about the rainforest, waterfalls, and Maui in general. During our drive on the Hana Highway he was able to speak to the flora and fauna, people, culture, food, etc. It was a great way to go on a non-traditional tour but learn everything you would on a bus site-seeing traditional activity. Lunch and plenty of snacks are provided. In terms of difficulty, the hike was moderately paced and Jeremy was conscience of varied abilities. I'm NOT a hiker and did just fine--my husband is an avid hiker and was able to go ahead and tackle other hills while the group chilled by a waterfall. Definitely worth the money!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank cocoheart

Denver, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Best day of the vacation”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We took the short waterfalls walk. It was amazing. We had no idea that we would get a guided tour through a rain forest. Our guide, Kahi, was amazing. He knew plants and animals. He identified many plants and had us taste several berries, smell flowers, rub leaves on our skin and use a natural remedy for mouth sores! He showed us a chameleon and let us hold it. He picked up a large spider that none of us would touch and he pointed out nesting birds. He took us to two different waterfalls and showed us where to go and where to jump. He was extremely patient with some of our skittish girls and talked them all through jumping. It was fabulous! Tour was scheduled for 3 hours, but since we were having such a great time, he never mentioned time and let us go at our own pace – 4 ½ hours later, we finished the tour. He took pictures for us and pointed out many interesting items. He was such a wealth of knowledge. We had 11 in our group. Ten of us loved it, one was cranky and complained that he just wanted to do waterfalls and hated the botany and culture lessons. Tips – wear shoes that stay on and can get wet and muddy and have good traction. This is a rain forest. Rocks by waterfalls have moss and are wet. You need good footing. Although it didn’t rain elsewhere that day, we did have two brief showers during our hike. Hike Maui supplied rain ponchos for everyone, a backpack to use, some towels, insect repellant, insect bite relief stick, a bottle of water and snacks (pineapple, homemade chocolate chip cookies, Maui potato chips and of course lots of berries on the walk!). This was the only time on our trip that we encountered bugs. Several were stung and the bite relief stick worked well. Kahi was great. He understood women and stopped on drive to waterfall to allow us to use real restrooms so we wouldn’t need to use port a potties or nature. And even though we were running late, he stopped again on way home to let us use the restrooms again. I couldn’t recommend a trip more highly than this one. It was the best trip of our entire vacation and one of the more reasonably priced!

Visited May 2013
Augusta
“Hike Maui”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a great time on our hike, and it was more than just a hike through the woods! We couldn't have asked for a better guide. Akiko showed us Hawaii through her eyes and we were able to get an appreciation of the Hawaiian people, history culture and environment. She was made sure everyone had a good time and made it fun. I would recommend this hike and want to say again we had an excellent guide.

Visited April 2013
Ogden, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Tour with a Great Guide, Pasco”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was so glad I opted for the tour rather than do it myself. Pasco knew so much about the Hawaiin culture and gave us so many lessons regarding vegetation and the culture. He took him time with us and really seemed to care about the people in his group. I brought my two teen boys and they told me, "Pasco made it worth it!"

He knew the best places to park, to see, to hike, ect. I am so glad I got to relax and enjoy the beautiful drive up there instead of having to drive.

An overall great experience.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio
“Unbelievable experience!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I wanted to take the time today to let you know what a fabulous trip we had yesterday with Jake. Whenever I take a trip, I always intend to write a review, and end up never doing it. However, I wanted to make sure I did so this time, because it was such an incredible experience. Jake was an absolutely amazing guide, and he is clearly extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Hawaiin culture and history, as well as the plants, trees and wildlife we encountered (and even some we didn't encounter). We truly feel like we got the "locals" experience with Jake, and saw and experienced things we would have never have had the opportunity to experience with other tour guides. Jake is one of a kind, and when we return to Maui, we will definitely look him up and book another tour with him. Please pass on our gratitude to Jake for the unbelievable experience. We hope to see him again on a future visit! Thank you Hike Maui!!!

Aloha!