“Probably My Favorite Activity on Our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hang Gliding Maui

Hang Gliding Maui
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Hana
Albuquerque, NM
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Probably My Favorite Activity on Our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

This was our first trip to Hawaii and we stayed about 5 days on each kauai & maui. We took a Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour over Kauai (highly recommend too!), and that was my wife's favorite. However, I'd say that our Hang Glide Maui flight with Armin was likely my favorite. I don't even like flying on commercial planes, but I felt complete safe on in the hangglider with Armin. He even let me steer for a while. It was great. It has to be at the top of anything I've done before. My wife and I each did 30 minutes which was probably enough, but I definitely could have gone for longer. I've even looked into what it takes to get into flying these hanggliders. Overall, highly recommend!

Round Rock, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

While honeymooning in Hawaii, I convinced my slightly height-fearing husband to experience a hang-gliding lesson with Armin in Hana. I had done this a few years previously and had been raving about it ever since,. He agreed to give it a try. Needless to say, it was an exhilirating experience. We both felt completely safe with the very experienced Armin and were able to enjoy every second of the lesson. He was extremely knowledgeable and explained all the details beforehand. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

2 Thank saa10072016
Maui
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Looking for some fun? You got it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

Not only is the experience awesome, but Armin is just a blast!
Being of European origins, but having lived on Maui for decades, he is a perfect mix between reliable, dependable and professional and comfortably laid back, with just the right sense of humor.
You feel so safe in his hands, that you can just kick back and totally enjoy the thrill and great views he provides with his hang glider!

2 Thank MauiPrinci
Charleston, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“Add this to your "Bucket List!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

I have done a lot of fun things in Hawaii, but hang gliding with Armin in Maui takes the top spot! If you have not seen the beautiful Hana coast from the air, then you have not truly seen Hana.

I have been on helicopter tours on the Big Island and Kauai, but the experience of power hang gliding was a much more exhilerating experience. You are not merely on a scenic flight. Armin takes you on an instructional flight. You actually get to fly the hang glider yourself...and you get a certificate verifying your one hour of ultra-light flight credit after your trip. (After 15 hours of credit, you are certified to flu on your own.)

Anyone who goes to Hana needs to do 2 things:

1. Spend the night in Hana.
2. Go hang gliding with Armin.

If you have ever wanted to "fly like a bird," here is your chance. It is an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. And I can hardly wait to go back to Maui again next year and go again!

A big "Mahalo!" to Armin for making this our best trip to Maui ever!

Enough talk...just take a look at my photos and video!

Do this! You will love it!

2 Thank SC_Hawaii_Traveler66
NH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Bad way to run a business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

We had arranged our whole trip to Maui around hang gliding flights for my husband and myself. AFTER we had received e-mail confirmation for a specific date and time with Armin, we booked our hotels and scheduled other activities around it. A week later we received an e-mail telling us that he would like to change our booking to two days before the date that we had scheduled and that he had confirmed. I wrote back and stated that we had already booked our hotels and would only be able to change the date by one day. His response was that his vacation was already booked and he was cancellling our reservation. Not a great way to do business! BUYER BEWARE.

14 Thank SandpiperNH
Arminator, Owner at Hang Gliding Maui, responded to this review, February 27, 2009
These particular two 1hour flights were booked Feb. 16, 2009 and canceled by us Feb. 24, giving the customer more than a month notice,exactly 744 hours. (requested date was March 26). We offered to either reschedule the flights to a day prior or taking care of them on their next trip to Maui.
We have always gone out and beyond to accommodate all of our customers as best as we can. There are however Unforeseen events like illness of the pilot, malfunction of an engine, stormy weather, closing of an airport ,surprise gift to go on a trip from my children and wife etc. When we sometimes have to literally cancel bookings the day of the scheduled flight. We have a 24 hour cancellation fee posted on our website for everyone to see. We reserve the right to cancel any flights due to those described issues or family situations. Family for us has and always will come first.
We are again a small Family business and we have to take the wings down sometimes to get a break and get refreshed.
Safety is our number one concern.