“Best experience of my life!”
Review of Hang Gliding Maui

Hang Gliding Maui
Ranked #3 of 9 Tours in Hana
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang gliding Maui offers flights in a powered Hang glider over Hana's spectacular coastline and rainforest. No experience necessary. Your pilot Armin Engert has logged more than 20,000 hours of flying Hang gliders, Powered Hang gliders and General Aviation planes. The Hang gliding wing is tested to 6 positive and 3 negative G-forces. The craft is also equipped with a BRS (ballistic recovery system, emergency parachute) Please check out our web site hangglidingmaui.com
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was very reluctant to do this but my wife insisted and of course I went for it. Boy, am I glad I did. It was simply incredible! We saw so many waterfalls, amazing beaches and views that would normally be impossible. Armin is the greatest instructor and nicest guy. He taught me many things about flying that I did not know about. He let me take the glider and I was able to steer around. it wasn't so hard. I didn't want to come down it was so exhilarating!

1  Thank N333

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Armin is the sweetest guy. I am the most risk adverse person and rarely do anything adventurous but this was hands down the best vacation experience I've had in all my 29 years! If Armin decides he wants to go into business as a cognitive behavioral therapist he will have much success! Maybe 15 mins into the lesson Armin realizes maybe I'm not having such a good time...likely because of the vise like grip I had on his rib cage, he then begins talking to me about his children and other every day things and just like magic I relax and am able to enjoy the remainder of my lesson.

My only regret is wasting 15 mins with my eyes closed :) Armin is professional and competent and you don't want to miss this once in a lifetime vacation experience. Worth every penny!

1  Thank Elisa C
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was def a highlight of my trip! After driving the long road to Hana this was an exceptional way to see a birds eye view! One cool thing I was not anticipating was that you actually get a certificate for your flying time which can be put towards getting a license. To qualify for a license all you need is 20 flying hours and 3 solo hours!! And if you are thinking this is too scary for you.... My 57 year old mother who is afraid of heights did this with me, and she loved it!

1  Thank Nine1Warn
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were lucky enough to experience this magic. Armin is a wonderful human and extremely passionate about this activity. He is very safety cautious. This is worth your time, money and energy to do. Yes, it is Hana but if you are headed that way anyway why not try it. I can not speak highly enough about this experience and Armin. If you are on the fence do it and then thank me later. If you are concerned about safety do not be. His hanger has a pool table, chairs, radio, etc to keep the ones not flying entertained. I am so glad we made the time to do this. It is one of the highlights of not only our trip to Maui but for our lives to date. Stop thinking about it and book it. Thank you Armin! Best of luck to you and your family.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Is it pricey? Yes. Is it worth it? Every penny! Had an amazing experience. Instructor fun experienced enthusiastic.