“Excellent way to see Hana!”
Review of Hang Gliding Maui

Hang Gliding Maui
Ranked #3 of 9 Tours in Hana
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang gliding Maui offers flights in a powered Hang glider over Hana's spectacular coastline and rainforest. No experience necessary. Your pilot Armin Engert has logged more than 20,000 hours of flying Hang gliders, Powered Hang gliders and General Aviation planes. The Hang gliding wing is tested to 6 positive and 3 negative G-forces. The craft is also equipped with a BRS (ballistic recovery system, emergency parachute) Please check out our web site hangglidingmaui.com
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was def a highlight of my trip! After driving the long road to Hana this was an exceptional way to see a birds eye view! One cool thing I was not anticipating was that you actually get a certificate for your flying time which can be put towards getting a license. To qualify for a license all you need is 20 flying hours and 3 solo hours!! And if you are thinking this is too scary for you.... My 57 year old mother who is afraid of heights did this with me, and she loved it!

1  Thank Nine1Warn

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were lucky enough to experience this magic. Armin is a wonderful human and extremely passionate about this activity. He is very safety cautious. This is worth your time, money and energy to do. Yes, it is Hana but if you are headed that way anyway why not try it. I can not speak highly enough about this experience and Armin. If you are on the fence do it and then thank me later. If you are concerned about safety do not be. His hanger has a pool table, chairs, radio, etc to keep the ones not flying entertained. I am so glad we made the time to do this. It is one of the highlights of not only our trip to Maui but for our lives to date. Stop thinking about it and book it. Thank you Armin! Best of luck to you and your family.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Is it pricey? Yes. Is it worth it? Every penny! Had an amazing experience. Instructor fun experienced enthusiastic.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

After living on Maui for 10 years there aren't many activities I haven't tried… but private hang gliding instruction is one that I some how missed over the years. Armin is a champion instructor! He went over some basics on land and then had us up in the air flying in no time. It was such an amazing experience! I've flown around in helicopters numerous times on Maui but the views from the powered hang glider were so much more astonishing… no windows, just views.
We were a little nervous about the weather on the way out there but his wife had told us previously when we booked our instruction to come out even if the weather looked bad along the way. It was super windy and rainy along the 'road to hana' but once we got to Hana the weather was pretty nice and the flying was smooth as can be. I'll definitely go back get some more training hours in with Armin!

2  Thank HawaiianPaddleSports
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Driving the road to Hana is fun, but flying along the coast is spectacular. I fly small single engine planes, but this is like a motorcycle in the sky. Breeze in your face and unobstructed views below. The hour flew by and Armin was a great instructor. Highly recommend this unique opportunity, it truly is a breathtaking view.