Tripadvisor

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped for a late lunch on the drive around. It sits high on a hill overlooking the ocean. There is indoor or outdoor seating. Had the fish and chips, was very good. Service was great as well.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (988)

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Best burger I've had so far, ever. This upset my dad's home-cooked burger, he was at the table and I had to break the news to him right then and there. I had the Hana burger. I've never been a fan of spam but I tried this burger. It worked so well. I did it without cheese, my grandfather said he'd take the cheese I didn't want. Usually that's just the end of the joke, but our waitress Actually brought my cheese out to him on a little plate when she brought our burgers! We laughed, but then he added the cheese to his burger to make his a double cheeseburger! Anywho, the Hana burger combined all the flavors together to make it so worth to drive all the way across the island. Oh yea, the view and waterfalls, that's why we did it, too... Well, now I've a reason to do it again!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

We ordered the peppered pan seared ahi tuna served on a bed of white rice with a sweet lilikoi cream sauce. The flavor and freshness of the ahi was great to have after a long drive to Hana. Unfortunately, the rice was soggy and mushy - maybe due to the sauce. In another restaurant, a cream sauced fish entree, the rice was served in a separate dish, separated from the sauce so it stayed firm and moist. But the coconut Mac nut pie a la mode was a refreshing treat after our meal. The wall of ukuleles were a unique decoration and added to the atmosphere of the dining room. The large open windows provided a cool relaxing breeze during our meal.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

Don’t expect gourmet food here, but still a good choice after hours of driving to Hana. We had fish tacos and fish and chips which both came quickly and which were tasty.
Service was friendly and attentive. Also the outdoor seating with a view of the ocean is nice.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019 via mobile

After you drive the long winding road to Hana, which takes approximately 3.5hrs from Lahaina, you want food. You need food. But you would like to have great food! It wasn’t a waste of money, but still no better than average. We went to the Ranch Restaurant because of the lovely sea view and because it was the only location in Hana recommended by our National Geographic Guidebook. The staff was friendly, food came quick, so there’s nothing to criticize, but in taste it wasn’t anything special - and we hadn’t eaten all day long till then (2pm), so one could have made it easily into our food lovers’ hearts. Anyways, solid food, good service, so go there, but be aware that it is nothing eye-opening.

Date of visit: November 2019