“A good place for lunch or dinner”

Hana Ranch Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The only other "fancy" place to eat, it's worth a dinner of fresh fish. Eat inside or out. View not bad of Hana town and mountains.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm giving 5stars because the cocktails were great. One of the better Mai tais around. Food was just ok. But the drinks did it for me.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our family of four stopped for lunch. The food quality was terrible. I'm not sure what kind of meat was in the "burger" but it was unedible. We were hungry after the drive but couldn't even eat the food.

And, there were 3 homeless guys sitting at the tables outside.

No quality in any way. I would not recommend.

Burger was $10 and another 4 for fries.

1  Thank david w
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had dinner at the Hana Ranch Restaurant on Feb 28, 2013. I had the baby back ribs and my wife had the mahi mahi fish. The ribs were tasteless and mostly fat and the fish was very tough. The side dish of "mixed" vegetables was almost entirely overcooked zucchini. Our waitress never once came back to see how we were doing. I spoke with the manager who shrugged his shoulders, thanked me for my feedback, and said that he stood by the food that they served. We paid about USD70 for the experience.

I expect that we would have had much better fare at the Travaasa Hana, but we didn't want to pay what I expected would be almost double. Next time we visit Hana, we'll bite the bullet and eat at the Travaasa Hana or we'll bring a jar of peanut butter. I heard there's also a Vietnamese or Thai take-out place in town, but that it closes at 5 pm.

Ken L
Calgary, Alberta

1  Thank KenL347
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a great Greek Salad and swordfish for main course. Ate outdoors overlooking the ocean. Not many places to eat in Hana but this was better than the previous reviews I read.