We could not have been happier with our decision to visit Hana and to stay at Hana Oceanfront Cottages. It was so nice to sit back and enjoy some of life's simple pleasures like being able to BBQ and eat dinner on the porch while watching the waves roll in with someone you love. The cottage was fabulous and our stay in Hana was wonderful. Highlights for us included hiking to Waimoku Falls, listening to traditional Hawaiian Music and eating dinner at Travaasa (expensive dinner, but the food was fabulous), and of course the beach. The cottage was clean, quiet, had a spectacular view, and was only minutes from the beach on foot.
There are a few things I wish we would have been better prepared for however. There are not many places to eat in Hana and groceries are limited and expensive. Plan ahead if you want to use the kitchen/ grill. Also, there is nothing between Hana and the airport.... If you've just flown in, eat something in the city first and perhaps stock up on things you might need for the week before heading to Hana. If trying to get to red sands beach- MAKE SURE NOT TO WEAR FLIP FLOPS. It is a hike. Kings trail at Waianapanapa State park is beautiful and much less difficult.
Overall, we had a fantastic stay and we highly recommend Hana and Hana Oceanfront Cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "E Komo Mai" Welcome to Hana Oceanfront Cottages at Hana By the Sea! We offer two of the most beautiful and romantic couple's only oceanfront vacation retreat homes, located in secluded Hana, Maui, Hawaii. Imagine walking out your door and being just a few steps from one of the best beaches in all of Hawaii, Hamoa Beach. Breathtaking views of the ocean and Hamoa Coast are visible from almost every window in both of our accommodations. Both our Hamoa Beach Cottage and Hamoa Beach Suite are spacious with tropical interiors, one bedroom and one bath, featuring queen-size bamboo sleigh beds with new gel technology mattresses. Read the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor and you will find that our guests love our beautiful accommodations, tropical setting and ideal location. You are invited to join us. K Komo Mai, you are welcome as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hana Oceanfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hana Oceanfront Cottages Hotel Hana
- Hana Oceanfront Cottages Maui