“Nice setting, but terrible service”

Ka'uiki Dining Room @ Travaasa Hotel
Ranked #15 of 33 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice setting, but terrible service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on the Hana Adventure tour. It was cold in the restaurant, so the fireplace was great.

Food was OK; but it just took forever to get it. I gave up at one point and went to a staff person to mention that no one had taken our order yet. A waitress finally came to take the order, but then the food never came. Another couple came over to our table and we had a nice conversation for a while. I left for a while to look at the store; still no food when I got back. It finally arrived.

• Visited November 2012

RI
“Yum”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Travaasa Hotel for a few nights and we purchased the all-inclusive package so we ate lunch and dinner here. The food was delicious. The menu is a little small for my taste (I'm a picky eater so I didn't have much to choose from) but I was able to eat something different for the 2 dinners and 1 lunch we had there. The food was good, the view overlooking the grounds and the ocean was gorgeous, the specialty cocktails were yummy and the staff was very friendly, and polite. The food came out in a timely manner, things were cleared from the table quickly after being finished, the staff were knowledgeable and very nice! One night there were 2 men playing instruments and singing while a few ladies danced some hula, it was fun to watch and a perfect accompanament to our dinner.

Waimea, Hawaii
“Ask for the Pohole Salad”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Three things we enjoy the most about Ka'uiki...the wonderful setting (to include artwork), fresh fish, and Pohole Salad. Pohole is a local fern shoot. Texture is a bit like the most tender asparagus ever, and flavor is a slight bit sweet and earthy. Wonderfully prepared and a memorable accompaniment to one of Ka'uiki's fresh fish preparations!

2 Thank AlohaLah
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Very friendly staff, but way overpriced!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

First of all, I want to say that the staff here and all the people in Hana, for that matter, were the nicest people we met in Maui. We went on a Monday night so they had live music. We loved the two men performing and the women doing Hula. The ambiance was very nice. The food, however, was so-so. I ordered the Mahi and my friend ordered the steak. It was a VERY small portion and both were $40. Basically $40 for a very small piece of meat. I ordered a mai tai, also tasty but very average for the $15 price tag. But, it's Hana, and this is really the only fine dining restaurant in town. If we could do it over again, we would have prepared dinner beforehand on our own and had a few drinks here to enjoy the wonderful music.

2 Thank Katie T
Monterey, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The resort was awesome but the food at this restaurant was so so. Stick to the local fish and ingredients and try not to be so artistic with flavors. Some just don't go together.