“hidden hana treasure”

Helena, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hidden hana treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We planned an ambitious day which started with the Halenaka crater sunrise, then we were off on the road to Hana! After a great hike at the Hipakula Park, we went by Pranee for a late lunch early dinner..we were not disappointed, as we had probably our best meal of the trip..Green mango crispy fish was soo good, and was just hot enough...the fried rice with shrimp was also excellent..if you are any where near Hana you have to go by this place, but go early as they run out of some items on the menu...

1 Thank Joe T

New York City, New York
“Best Thai food outside thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant without hoping much from it because we just weren't convinced that anyone in Maui could cook good thai food. We just went there after an exhausting drive on Hana highway. I would say I am a good judge of thai food considering that I have been to Thailand multiple times and that I am from NYC. As we entered, we were shown 2 specials for the day: green curry with fish and red curry with pumpkin and chicken. Then we were handed 2 menus and were asked to sit wherever we liked. The place is nothing fancy. Just some basic chairs and tables. Our waiter was with us shortly, very informative and took our order pretty quickly. He suggested fried snapper with mango salad, we wanted it extremely spicy and it was extremely spicy. It was delicious. We also got the daily special: red curry with chicken and pumpkin. The chicken would just melt in my mouth. The red curry was so well made, it just reminded me of the food in Thailand. The thai ice tea was nothing to write home about. But to top it all, our bill was $31 (1 appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 tea) which probably is our cheapest meal in Maui. If you get over the fact that the ambience is blah and if you want good food, you should definitely go for Pranee. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Angel10128
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
“Amazing Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was the best Thai food I've had in many, many years. The flavors melded perfectly, the ingredients clearly fresh, the dishes freshly cooked. I had the Pad Thai and my husband the Drowned Rice. Both were excellent. We couldn't decide which one we liked better. I also had a piece of Spring Roll.

To top it off, I need to eat Gluten Free, and the menu had the Gluten Free items marked, so I didn't have to bore everyone at the table with my questions.

I expected the prices to be outrageous, but $10 got both of us so much food, we have enough leftovers for a second meal.
Do arrange your trip to Hana to be on a day when this great restaurant is open. Don't be fooled by its casual seating and atmosphere. This food is tops.

3 Thank Lissa J
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Can't believe how good this food was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Do NOT be put off by the location, you will be rewarded. We were staying at Travaasa Hana and kept seeing this hand painted sign for Thai by Pranee; I was surprised to find it on Trip Advisor and all the positive reviews. They are accurate!! First lunch I had the daily special-ahi tuna fresh caught in a green curry. Wow! 2nd lunch (yep- that good) we got traveling food and had the wonderful summer rolls. Hours are short (10 -4) so couldn't do dinner here, but well worth the stop.

Visited October 2013
Hana, Hawaii
“Pranee Thai Food in Hana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Fabulous Thai food in Hana, Maui.
The specials of the day are always exceptional.
Plan on a stop for lunch on the way to Oheo State Park or Hamoa Beach.
A great addition to Hana!

• Visited July 2013