“Wonderful, Relaxing Place to Stay in Hana”
Review of Luana Spa Retreat

Luana Spa Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Hana
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the yurt at Luana Spa. It was wonderful! Very clean. The views were beyond great, looking over Hana Bay. We left wishing we could have stayed a couple more nights.
The only bad thing about our stay was that there was a big football game one evening at the football field at the bottom of the hill from the yurt. It was one of Hana's first big games- ever. Exciting for them, but not so relaxing for us. But it didn't bother us too much.
The outdoor shower was interesting. But because it is secluded, no one can see in!
We did not cook in the yurt, so I dont know about the electric issues (tripping the breaker) that some have written about.We didn't have any problems.
As I said before, the views were WONDERFUL! We set outside for hours, just relaxing. Our last morning, it was rainy, so we set under the "hale" just listening to the waves, the rain and admiring the beauty.
I would highly recommend Luana Spa to anyone staying in Hana! Great place!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

On our honeymoon in Hana, my wife and I thought it would be fun to not only get massages, but learn how to massage each other, for when we were back home in much less tropical Ireland. We had a great teacher in linda, who had studied Lomi specifically for over a year and had been practicing for far longer. What could have sounded like a weird experience wasn't in the slightest. She was an extremely helpful and patient teacher and she would give the massage at the same time as either you or your partner so whoever was receiving the massage had 4 hands on them at any one time, really nice and relaxing!! She answered all our questions and even gave us an extra half hour for free!!! Incredible service!! Well worth the money for the experience and training, and they even throw in a bottle of free massage oil to take home with you. On top of this you get to have the massage in a beautiful setting overlooking a beach, under a traditional hawaiian thatched shade. I couldn't recommend this more. (In case you were worried, everything was completely professional, and discreet, privacy was maintained at all times....we were completely comfortable the whole time).

2  Thank Michael K
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Luana Spa Retreat for two nights recently. Nancy has thought of everything! The yurt is perfect!! We loved every moment on "our own" bluff overlooking the bay!! The views were breathtaking and the sounds of the ocean to fall asleep to and wake up to in the morning was so relaxing. The surround sound provided by the windows which we left open during our stay made us feel like we were on the beach with the ocean air and sounds. The outdoor shower was a first for me and I loved it. The extra touch of the toiletries was an example of the thought that went into providing the traveler/tourist with everything. This little secret was just fabulous, those staying at the other lodging facilities in Hana missed out on the best experience ever.

2  Thank 519Marla519
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I visit this spa every time I visit Hana. The owner, Nancy Plenty, is full of authentic aloha and offers all the services you'd receive at the Four Seasons on the west side of the island. This spa is totally worth the visit if you are comfortable in and enjoy the natural setting.

4  Thank WorldTravelGoddess
Reviewed March 13, 2012

As a hospital RN I treat myself to a massage at home every 3-6 months for my work aches and pains. This massage was the absolute best I have ever had. Maybe it was the sound of the ocean, the feel of the ocean breeze or the adorable palm thatched gazebo we were under either way it was great. We did a couple massage and I really felt the price was right. Best spa in Hana.

5  Thank MrsPeeps1985