“WOW”

Adventure Maui Road to Hana Tour
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Hana
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I booked this tour during our honeymoon and all we can both say is WOW! It was a long day on a bus but it was worth it. The sights are absolutely breathtaking. I took over 200 pictures on that day. I highly recommend this tour.

3  Thank Danyelle L

Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the early morning pick-up at our resort to the return in the early evening, we spent about 11 hours on this tour - so it was a long day. But the bus trip was a great way to literally see a lot of Maui and to learn a lot along the way. For our vacation stay, the "dry side" of Maui was perfect, but this tour let us see the lush flora of the wet tropical side and that alone was a great addition to our experience on Maui. The various sites from the bus and at the various stops were beautiful - waterfalls, black beaches, and dramatic rugged coastlines. With the various stops, the time on the bus was broken-up enough to make the whole-day adventure quite enjoyable. Our driver/guide was personable and knowledgeable. We really felt we knew quite a bit more about Maui when the day was done and were glad to have made the trip even if a section of Hwy. 31 is unpaved, and even if there were a lot of hairpin turns and one-lane bridge! Our driver handle the sinuous highway well and always tried to give us as many photo-ops as he could. Getting to stop a the Maui Winery near the end of the trip was great - wine tasting is always fun even if some of the wine is made from pineapple and the historical display at the winery was an interesting story in and of itself. Getting to see an impressive rainbow was "lagniappe" (i.e., an extra bonus) during the tour, but just another reason we had a great time.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Talking to people that had been there I got comments like amazing to scary don't do it!!!! Glad I listened to amazing. We took a side trip while on NCL cruise and chose the deluxe trip to Hana.
Glad we did. This trip is not about Hana it is about THE ROAD TO IT. Stopped at Hana's Tropicals which is an orchard farm. The views are spectacular. I personally would not have wanted to drive it because the driver misses a lot. Take a tour...........Treat yourself...............

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I took this tour last month while vacationing in Maui. Initially, I had planned to drive instead of taking the tour. My advice: Do not drive! The roads are very narrow and tricky, the bridges are all one way and the hairpin curves will force you to focus on the road rather than enjoying the beautiful views. Our tour guide was the best ! I wish I could remember his name. He is a native of the island and Hana. His parents and Grandparents were all from the Hana area and have a long history there. Our guide was a wealth of information and very humorous and engaging. If you book this tour, I would recommend you ask for a guide who is a native of the area such as this man. The trip lasts a full day, so prepare accordingly. The tour consists of about twelve stops and there is ample time at each stop to take pictures , relax, and use the facilities. There is a Continental breakfast at a newly opened golf course which is quite good. There is also lunch served later which is good as well. We stopped at one place for over an hour to enjoy the beautiful waterfalls and black sand beaches. Bring a bathing suit if you want to swim. You will be amazed at the diverse landscapes throughout this tour and the beautiful scenery everywhere you look. The Road To Hana was the highlight of our trip and is a MUST SEE for anyone visiting the island. Again, take the Tour with a knowledgeable guide and you will not be disappointed. Trust me!

4  Thank Stemar78
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked this tour VIA pleasant holidays @ the Maui Banyan. This was the highlight of our trip, great views, felt safe and comfortable and very glad we didn't try to drive it ourselves! our tour guide gave us tons of history really enjoyed all of it. Stopping at the winery was great!

1  Thank ALDogLover