“Spectacular views of unreachable waterfalls.”
Review of Skyview Soaring

Skyview Soaring
Ranked #6 of 9 Tours in Hana
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Milford PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular views of unreachable waterfalls.”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

My wife and I went to the Hana airport so I could go for a ride in a powered hang glider. While waiting (there where two people who had reservations ahead of me) I met Bill the pilot for SKyview Soaring and decided to go up with him. My wife and I had been in a glider before and while I liked it she swore she would never go again. Unlike the gliders that have to be towed by another plane this one has an engine. You take off under power and glide back down on just the wind and thermals. The ride was very comfortable and the views spectacular. We seen triple waterfalls that plunged down the mountains for thousands of feet. The views of the Hana side of Maui from the air is breathtaking. It gives you the perspective of the lush tropical rain forest covering the mountains all the way up into the clouds. It gives you an appreciation for how much you miss by just driving the Hana highway. Bill is an amazing pilot with a great personality and his stories create a very relaxed and safe feeling environment. He makes it feel like you are flying with a long time friend. His knowledge of the area is impressive. After the waterfalls and other hidden and unaccessible wonders Bill took us up into the clouds, cuts the engines and lets you fly back.. On the ground it took me some time to convince my wife that she would love it and that the experience should not be missed. Bill even said that if she did not enjoy it he would come right back down. Then he let her sit in the plane to see how comfortable it was and how it was nothing like the small un-powerd glider she had been in before. When she came back from the flight she had a huge smile and said that it was a spiritual experience that she would never have imagined. If you are going to do the road to Hana you should not miss seeing it from the air. Bill can put anybody at ease and makes sure you feel and are safe. I would recommend this to anyone of any age.

1 Thank JohnnySkys

Sydney, Australia
“Incredible Mountain Crater Gliding Adventure”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This is by far the most scenic gliding experience I have ever had. After a smooth takeoff from Hana airport we ventured out over the sea and climbed to 11,000 feet through amazing cloud formations rolling off the Maui Volcano. The jagged volcanic coast and thick green jungle of the lower volcanic slopes were clearly visible as was the 'Big Island' of Hawaii. We then rolled in over the top of the volcano and circled the massive crater. This is Jurassic Park and King Kong terrain & scenery - beautiful and ancient.

My glider pilot was excellent. He explained everything before we did it and even let me take the controls. He specializes in giving people who might have a fear of heights or planes an enjoyable experience.

A camera and suntan cream are a must for this experience.

Bright, Indiana
“An Amazing Experience Soaring Above The Clouds”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Because of time constraints, we almost passed up this amazing experience soaring above the clouds...we are so thankful we didn't. Our glider flight with Bill was one of the highlights of our two-week vacation in Hawaii. It was an incredible feeling and a beautiful sight when the engine was turned off and we were just hanging in the air! Bill was very accommodating with our schedule, professional, and made us feel as if he was an old friend. We would highly recommend this activity to anyone visiting Hawaii.

Carl & Linda, Bright, Indiana

Seattle
“Rise above it all and go soaring!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Bill,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great flight I had today with you! It was an absolute blast, and I will remember it for many years to come. You can be sure the next time I get back to Hana, I will be giving you a call for another ride in your Diamond, which your airplane truly is.

Thanks again,

David O.

To fellow travelers: If your on the 'fence' on this one, let your hair down and go for it! There is nothing like soaring above the clouds.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

richfield
“Birds eye view”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Taking a ride on the glider plane was exactly as the name of the company indicates, (Skyview Soaring). The flight over the coast of east Maui was not only breath taking, but as you fly up and around the clouds you have the feeling of oneness with the sky and ocean. The pilots are very professional and informative and are willing to answer any question no matter how insignificant it may seem. It's a ride of a life time, so go for it, and knock your flip flops off.

M. from MN.