1,383 results
All reviewssea ranch cottageinfinity poolgolf carthorseback ridinghot tubfour seasonsyoga classesno tipping policyhotel restaurantthe cottagesour honeymoonhamoa beachhotel groundsthe main dining roomgarden viewthe hotel offerswet bar
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at the hotel at same time as guests from West Hollywood and had a dramatically different experience. There is no A/C because it is not necessary -open the windows! Hana has never had TV in rooms and most guests are fine with that. We did have internet access in our room because we planned ahead with Verizon WiFi. We have stayed at the hotel many times since 1974 and have always had hot water. We were among other guests at breakfast listening to the loud comments from "West Hollywood" including threats to try to "shut down" the hotel via blogs.
On this trip we paid twice as much for a room at the Four seasons and were happy with each.
If one is looking for nightlife, Hana is not your place.
It is, however, unsurpassed in the beauty of old Hawaii

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank truffleNapa_CA
Reviewed January 22, 2010

No TV, AC, Internet, or hot water came with my $600 a night cottage with an ocean view. Service was terrible and this place is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The bed was terrible and I still have terrible mosquito bites from the room which was incredibly bad.

How can you not have Internet in the rooms in this day and age? The restaurant asked us to be quiet, just a fun group of 8 who spent over $1000 on dinner, we can be as loud as we want, spending $600 a night each on 5 rooms, and $1000 meals.

No AC in the cottages so prepared to be hot and miserable while you sleep on an old school mattress.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank t2soooted
Reviewed January 13, 2010

No TV and laid back so pretty relaxing. No Nightlife so must make your own fun. No real beach at resort but several beaches really close. Nice resort if you really need to getaway and relax. Would not stay more than a couple days though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We made the big drive to Hana and were so happy to arrive at this hotel. I love Hawaii but sometimes it can feel so big and developed and this property just feels quiet and laid back and was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were clean, and nice, definitely not what I would call luxurious - but thats exactly what we wanted. There is a ton to do around, so no lack of activities. Note though that the beach is a short drive away - so not right off the hotel.

The only complaint that I would have is the food - just not that great and there are almost no choices around. You are kind of stuck eating at one of the hotel restaurants and the food was consistently ok (and expensive). We ate lunch at a roadside stand one day and that was one of the best meals we had while there . . .

Still, we look forward to coming back to this place. Just magical.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dkseattle
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I've been back in "reality" for a month now and can't believe I still miss it! The Hotel Hana-Maui is an incredible place. It's so relaxing and peaceful - our trip flew by and I was very sad to leave. We also participated in the chef's dinner and it was a great experience with amazing food. Their spa is amazing. I had a great massage and then relaxed in the outdoor jacuzzi. What a gorgeous location. Next time I'm back in Maui, I'll definitely stop by (even with the long drive!)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple