“Tastebud delight!”
Review of Hana Farms

Hana Farms
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: American
Description: Hana Farms Banana Bread and Fruit Stand. Selling all local Hana Made Products. Local candies, gifts and treats from the Hana community.
“Tastebud delight!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The road to Hana doesn't offer much to munch on; we passed this cute little stand on the way up. Very clean and social people running it. Amazing banana bread that was the best I have ever eaten!! Make sure thus is one of your stops will making the trek up and down The Road to Hana!! Plus they have shipping- so we will be ordering as soon as we are back home.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MrsReam

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Excellent banana bread”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Clean, attractive and steeped in a happy hippy vibe, Hana Farms has one of the nicest stands on the long and winding Road to Hana. They sell six different kinds of banana bread, ice cream, fresh fruits and veggies, jewelry and an assortment of jarred and bagged food items – some made by Hana Farms and some made by area vendors. The banana bread is the best I’ve had on Maui, especially the chocolate chip variety and the fresh produce is always nice. I can’t speak to the ice cream because I haven’t tried it. I will say however that the Hana Farms branded packaged foods leave a lot to be desired. On my last trip to Hana, I bought a jar of their lilikoi jam and a bag of their macadamia nuts. Both items were on the expensive side and would have been worth it if they had been good. Unfortunately they were not. The jam had almost no taste (how you can get anything with lilikoi to have no taste is beyond me) and the macadamia nuts were soft and tasted stale (which I’m sure they were). I’ve tried the Hana Hotties hot sauce and the Nickles Pickles (both produced by other vendors) and both have been good.

Behind the farm stand is an outdoor brick oven pizza place that is open Friday and Saturday nights The pizza is delicious (although I hear that they have, in the recent past, gone through a period of charring the crust a bit too much) and the salads area always fresh and amazing. If you want to hang out with the local hippy community while chowing down on some awesome food, I highly recommend it. I always make sure that my time in Hana will include a Friday or Saturday night so I can take part.

• Visited June 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great ice cream, banana bread and hot sauces!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This place is in front of the Clay Oven (which you need to visit on a Friday or Saturday for dinner!!) We got banana bread varieties 3 times from this place and were never disapointed. The owner is always cleaning the grounds and taking care of the place. She answered several of our questions about the area and the workers were just a treat to talk with. Prices are great for the island as well!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank GreatWhiteMN
vashon
“Banana bread galore and so much more”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Do yourself a favor and stop here. The Maui Wowee cookie bars are a taste of paradise. So's the freshly made ice cream.

Visited December 2013
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
“Great produce and Macadamia nuts”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were staying in Hana for two weeks, and we discovered the farm stand and were able to buy fresh produce right out of the garden. Much better quality, taste, and freshness than what we could get at any of the stores in Kahalui or Hana.

We also got the best macadamia nuts on the island. They were huge and organic and very reasonably priced. You can't find any better.

Visited October 2013