All reviews meditation hut whispering bamboo cottage swaying palms the salt water pool fresh fruit the kitchen my husband and i at home road to hana quick drive other parts of the island the trade winds coconut trees beautiful property a wonderful place to stay minute drive baldwin beach
Reviewed July 19, 2017

The only reason I am not rating this property 5 stars is because we were told there
Would be animals on the property for the kids and there were not. It was 1 of the main reasons we rented the property for the grandkids.
Naming the property ocean breezes is perfect. In the late afternoon and through the
Night the breezes cool you as they blow up the mountain. We stayed a week starting
On 7-3 and no ac was not a problem. We had 8 adults and 4 kids and fit nicely
.In the 4 units. All the units were clean and had everything needed to cook on sight.
The kids picked fresh lemons and limes. They also enjoyed the expansive grounds
To fly kites. We took day trips and then came back and enjoyed the pool.
This house is out of the tourist zone on Maui. The closest beach is toward Paia called
Hookipa. We also found a small 1 called Tavares. Sea turtles everywhere. We did
Twin falls, bamboo forest, the volcano, big beach, snorkeling.
Did our shopping at Costco, haiku market and mana foods in Paia.
Overall a beautiful property.
Wallace & Lois
Texas

Room tip: Choose the top unit or the 2 br cottage
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2017

One of those stab in the dark finds that works out perfectly, no regrets. New owner and resident caretaker are both super friendly, intelligent, and responsive but do not intrude. Stayed in largest unit, the upstairs of the main house for a week. Lots of room for a couple to spread out as much as they want. Lots of room for two couples if rented with 2nd bedroom. Kitchen spacious and well-equipped with high-quality cookware (no lightweight cheap fry pans) and plenty of other kitchen stuff. If not exactly the item you need you probably will find something that will work for you. We cook a lot and had no problem preparing moderately complex dinners. Even a dishwasher! Lots of plate options but could use some more wine glass options, especially if you use the dishwasher. A couple of espresso cups would be nice:-) Not cheap but good value. Views from deck and front windows are great. 10-min drive to Haiku and decent market (also try the two Japanese markets) and some decent food trucks and restaurants. Wifi was excellent, went down only once and was fixed in minutes of reporting it to caretaker. Washer and dryer. Nice king-size bed. Pool is good, not busy while we were there, bumped into other couple from cottage only couple of times.
This is not a hotel. Self-service most everything.

Room tip: If you are staying here you can afford to splurge for the upstairs apartment.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

This was the most amazing vacation home I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. My husband and I wanted to find a spot that had amenities that would cater to our needs. This spot achieved that and more. The property was well taken for with a five star customer service team. Most people look forward to going to the beach, this vacation home has an elaborate pool that is just a few steps away from the beautiful home entrance.

Inside the home was very non traditional that said I am on vacation. My husband and I were very pleased to start this new chapter of our life with such wonderful memories of this extravagant place.

I can't wait to visit again and have the time of our life while enjoying this heaven on Earth home away from home.

Tara

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2017

This is the second time I have rented from Anjali and both times were simply perfect. The first time was just my wife and me, but this time was with 15 other people for a celebration. Anjali was very responsive in making the reservations and in ensuring that the entire property was ready for us. The upper story retreat was simply breathtaking. We only had one or two minor glitches with the dishwasher and oven and Anjali made sure they were corrected immediately. I highly recommend this spot. Understand that the property is close to beaches, but not directly on the beach, although you have an unobstructed view of the ocean. It is in a very quiet, high end residential area with acres of property. There is a caretaker on the premises to help.

Room tip: The upstairs retreat is the most luxurious. The separate building with two bedrooms is very private.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Donnloopie
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We (my two daughters and I) spent a great vacation there. The place is quiet and the environment is beautiful - The pool is rarely busy, clean and beautiful. The couple on site is very helpful and maintain the location meticulously. We were offered fresh eggs and fruits :-) and Anjali is very responsive and professional.

Date of stay: April 2017