All reviewsmeditation hutwhispering bamboo cottageswaying palmsthe ownerfresh fruitthe kitchenat homeroad to hanaquick driveother parts of the islandthe trade windscoconut treesbeautiful propertya wonderful place to stayminute drivebaldwin beachwasher dryer
Reviewed July 9, 2017

One of those stab in the dark finds that works out perfectly, no regrets. New owner and resident caretaker are both super friendly, intelligent, and responsive but do not intrude. Stayed in largest unit, the upstairs of the main house for a week. Lots of room for a couple to spread out as much as they want. Lots of room for two couples if rented with 2nd bedroom. Kitchen spacious and well-equipped with high-quality cookware (no lightweight cheap fry pans) and plenty of other kitchen stuff. If not exactly the item you need you probably will find something that will work for you. We cook a lot and had no problem preparing moderately complex dinners. Even a dishwasher! Lots of plate options but could use some more wine glass options, especially if you use the dishwasher. A couple of espresso cups would be nice:-) Not cheap but good value. Views from deck and front windows are great. 10-min drive to Haiku and decent market (also try the two Japanese markets) and some decent food trucks and restaurants. Wifi was excellent, went down only once and was fixed in minutes of reporting it to caretaker. Washer and dryer. Nice king-size bed. Pool is good, not busy while we were there, bumped into other couple from cottage only couple of times.
This is not a hotel. Self-service most everything.

Room Tip: If you are staying here you can afford to splurge for the upstairs apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

This was the most amazing vacation home I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. My husband and I wanted to find a spot that had amenities that would cater to our needs. This spot achieved that and more. The property was well taken for with a five star customer service team. Most people look forward to going to the beach, this vacation home has an elaborate pool that is just a few steps away from the beautiful home entrance.

Inside the home was very non traditional that said I am on vacation. My husband and I were very pleased to start this new chapter of our life with such wonderful memories of this extravagant place.

I can't wait to visit again and have the time of our life while enjoying this heaven on Earth home away from home.

Tara

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2017

This is the second time I have rented from Anjali and both times were simply perfect. The first time was just my wife and me, but this time was with 15 other people for a celebration. Anjali was very responsive in making the reservations and in ensuring that the entire property was ready for us. The upper story retreat was simply breathtaking. We only had one or two minor glitches with the dishwasher and oven and Anjali made sure they were corrected immediately. I highly recommend this spot. Understand that the property is close to beaches, but not directly on the beach, although you have an unobstructed view of the ocean. It is in a very quiet, high end residential area with acres of property. There is a caretaker on the premises to help.

Room Tip: The upstairs retreat is the most luxurious. The separate building with two bedrooms is very private.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donnloopie
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We (my two daughters and I) spent a great vacation there. The place is quiet and the environment is beautiful - The pool is rarely busy, clean and beautiful. The couple on site is very helpful and maintain the location meticulously. We were offered fresh eggs and fruits :-) and Anjali is very responsive and professional.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This place is a true diamond on the Hana Highway. No detail is forgotten from the sea glass sculpture around the pristine saline pool to panoramic ocean vistas and fresh goat milk and bananas shared by the sweetest caregiver :) Not to mention that the amenities in our room were well-cared for and high quality.

Since we live here on Maui and our family has visited the island many times, we enjoyed lounging around the pool in the sun and doing yoga in the meditation hut. If you have seen the island and aren't into staying at a resort, this is the place to get into the island vibe.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family