All reviewsmeditation hutwhispering bamboo cottageswaying palmsthe ownerfresh fruitthe kitchenat homeroad to hanaquick driveother parts of the islandthe trade windscoconut treesbeautiful propertya wonderful place to stayminute drivebaldwin beachwasher dryer
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

This was the most amazing vacation home I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. My husband and I wanted to find a spot that had amenities that would cater to our needs. This spot achieved that and more. The property was well taken for with a five star customer service team. Most people look forward to going to the beach, this vacation home has an elaborate pool that is just a few steps away from the beautiful home entrance.

Inside the home was very non traditional that said I am on vacation. My husband and I were very pleased to start this new chapter of our life with such wonderful memories of this extravagant place.

I can't wait to visit again and have the time of our life while enjoying this heaven on Earth home away from home.

Tara

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2017

This is the second time I have rented from Anjali and both times were simply perfect. The first time was just my wife and me, but this time was with 15 other people for a celebration. Anjali was very responsive in making the reservations and in ensuring that the entire property was ready for us. The upper story retreat was simply breathtaking. We only had one or two minor glitches with the dishwasher and oven and Anjali made sure they were corrected immediately. I highly recommend this spot. Understand that the property is close to beaches, but not directly on the beach, although you have an unobstructed view of the ocean. It is in a very quiet, high end residential area with acres of property. There is a caretaker on the premises to help.

Room Tip: The upstairs retreat is the most luxurious. The separate building with two bedrooms is very private.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donnloopie
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We (my two daughters and I) spent a great vacation there. The place is quiet and the environment is beautiful - The pool is rarely busy, clean and beautiful. The couple on site is very helpful and maintain the location meticulously. We were offered fresh eggs and fruits :-) and Anjali is very responsive and professional.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This place is a true diamond on the Hana Highway. No detail is forgotten from the sea glass sculpture around the pristine saline pool to panoramic ocean vistas and fresh goat milk and bananas shared by the sweetest caregiver :) Not to mention that the amenities in our room were well-cared for and high quality.

Since we live here on Maui and our family has visited the island many times, we enjoyed lounging around the pool in the sun and doing yoga in the meditation hut. If you have seen the island and aren't into staying at a resort, this is the place to get into the island vibe.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2017

Had a lovely stay at Maui Ocean Breezes!

This is an ideal launchpad for the beginning of your trip, especially if you're coming from the U.S. and you want to go to Haleakala National Park to watch the sunrise while you're still not adjusted to Hawaii time. It's closer to the Park than Kihei or Lahaina, so you'll get a leg up on most people doing the drive in the mornings. Plus, if you want to do the amazing Road to Hana you'll also be much closer than people on the West or Southwest side of the island, and you'll be able to start earlier and have the Road to mostly yourself.

The stay itself was ideal--quiet, away from the bustle of Pa'ia or other hubs, in lovely grounds; we come from a city, so this was perfect for us. Jason, the caretaker, gave us a ton of fruit from the property (clementines, bananas, loquats) and showed us around, even in the misty rain. There is a small saltwater pool if you get tired of the beach. We stayed in the Swaying Palms studio, which has a kitchenette and is perfect for two, and was a great value(!), though we will be shilling out more for another room next time!

The grounds are lovely for a meditative walk.

We made good use of the laundry too, as some of our stuff got muddy from hikes.

Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple