“Fantastic and unique!”

Maui Ocean Breezes
Ranked #2 of 8 Haiku B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just came back from a 10 day trip to Maui where we were lucky enough to spend two nights at the Ocean Breezes (the place is very popular!). What an unforgettable experience it was. It felt like staying at your family or friends' house. Casey's hospitality is so sincere and kind! Our kids now call this place Casey's place. They loved the rock painting she was so kind to offer, the freshly picked fruit, the swimming pool and she even did a coconut cutting demo for us :-)! Mom loved the tranquillity of the place, the views, oh the views and just having that feeling there of being away from it all...and Casey's banana bread! Casey even cooked a delicious dinner for us on the day we went to Hana. Fantastic place and also gets you closer to Hana if you are planning to make the trip!

Room Tip: The four of us stayed in the Hibiscus apartment
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Semeyka
There are newer reviews for Maui Ocean Breezes

Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a special spot.
We stayed only 2 nights. Next time well will stay much longer. Casey was great. The grounds were beautiful. Very peaceful and quite. Just what we needed. I loved the meditation/yoga studio overlooking the ocean, with the yummy tropical breeze. Perfect place to be still.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauriejot
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Maui to visit with our son. So very glad we found this oasis called Maui Ocean Breezes. Loved the artful room, loved the private grounds, loved the fresh fruit and coconut water delivered daily by the oh-so energetic and helpful Casey. Almost hate to recommend it so it will be available when we go back! No restaurant, sand or throngs of "tourists" and that was just fine by us. All of that was close enough when we decided to venture out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allaur98401
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hibiscus hideaway apartment for one week. This was our first trip to Maui, and we’re very lucky to find Maui Ocean Breezes. From the place on a hillside, I could see the ocean and felt breezes at the same time I was surrounded by trees, what a luxury. The place was very rich in nature. I cannot remember the last time I heard frogs. Rain quickly comes and goes, so does sunshine. Fruits tasted unbelievably delicious!

Casey and Anjali made sure we were comfortable while we stayed. I spent beautiful and peaceful days on Maui. Many thanks to Casey and Anjali, the place couldn’t be better without you two.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Now that I am back in New Jersey and adjusted to the time change and the pace change, I can close my eyes and remember the special place you have provided in Maui. It is truly a restorative for body and soul. The little fairy tale cottage was the perfect choice for me and my daughters in which to spend time together and from which to visit other parts of the Island. The fragrant plants, the birdsong, the gentle sound of the waterfall by the pool were magical medicine. The welcoming from you and from Casey added to the feeling that we would be comfortable and cared for. You have made your home available to visitors who can't help but be enriched by the surroundings; it is a vacation I won't forget.

Barbara B.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place on the Hana side of the island, but not all the way down to Hana. We had heard that this was the more peaceful, quiet and non-commercial side of the island, but we had also heard that the drive to Hana, although beautiful, was difficult and there weren't a lot of choices for places to stay down there. So we googled around for locations below the airport and we found these beautiful peaceful cottages with everything we needed, kitchen, internet, private. This lived up to everything we were looking for. Delicious fruit every morning, excellent view of the fruit trees and ocean. Many species of curious birds walking around the lawn and the trees. I loved the little pool. I would go for run early evening and then a swim in the pool afterwards. They gave us some mesquite for the barbecue. I think that's the best steak I've ever had. It's cool and windy in the afternoon, so we didn't have to worry about bugs. The place is close to Makawao and Paia, two cute little towns with plenty of shopping. They also had laundry, beach chairs, scubba equipment and boogie boards.
We will definitely stay here again. It was hard to leave!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

"My mom, sister and I shared the lovely and private Whispering Bamboo cottage these past 9 days. The property is gorgeously lush, quiet, and peaceful, filled with tropical plants, trees, and flowers. A view of the ocean completes the setting. The cottage was clean, comfortable, and charming with all amenities. Caretaker Casey and property owner Anjali are lovely women, so gracious, welcoming, and attentive. Perfect for those wanting a quiet, sacred, private space in which to completely relax and appreciate the beauty that is Maui. I highly recommend this rental, and only wish I was getting on a plane tomorrow to return. ~Rebecca

Room Tip: The whispering bamboo cottage is most private of the properties
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haiku
Travaasa Hana, Maui
#1 of 8 in Haiku
Lumeria Maui Retreat
Lumeria Maui Retreat
#1 of 2 in Makawao

Been to Maui Ocean Breezes? Share your experiences!