“Fish and Chips with Silver”
Review of Hana Hou Cafe - CLOSED

Hana Hou Cafe
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kokomo & Haiku Rd
Transit: Tour buses, Maui Shuttle bus, Taxi
Cape Cod
“Fish and Chips with Silver”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Early birds on a Sunday night in February just us and Silver the cat. A strange combination of dining in Hawaii with a chatty French waiter/owner, with what sounded like Marlene Dietrich coming from the speakers. The wahoo (ono) was delish and the price was right.

Visited February 2013

San Francisco, California, United States
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Too tired to wait at Coleen's we opted to try HH Cafe. My fish entree was $29 and just mediocre - opakapaka crusted in sesame tasted more fried than I would like, and sides were bland & basic. (It is nice though that they offer brown rice) My sister's eggplant burger was very good & cheap. Maybe not the place for fish. Live music was nice and the place is warm & friendly.

Visited February 2013
“Good food and music”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been coming here quite often and have always gotten the Hawaiian plate. The portions are pretty fair for the price but the kalua pig is 2 thumbs up. Also they have the best chop steak I have ever had. Music is always really good also. Try it :)

Roma
“Nice and tiny place with Great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I ended up to this tiny restaurant since we were staying in Haiku.
The place is very nice,well furnished and located in a quiet area. It has also an open area.
I loved it for the beautyful atmosphere that you can breath inside, for the live music that a local guy was playing, and for the traditional Hawaiian food that is served.

• Visited February 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch twice and went to dinner once during our stay in Maui. The food was great, the service was great, and the dinner entertainment was wonderful. We certainly got the Aloha Spirit from the people there.

Visited December 2012