“Perfect honeymoon experience!”

Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Haiku B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I got married in july and immediately left for maui. We flew in late but Sandy was so generous to have the keys ready for our room as we came in. We stayed in the plumeria suite which has a queen size bed and windows to keep a steady breeze in the room. It also had a bath tub which I was spoiled to use. Sandy showed us great hospitality. The food was great! Breakfast was always on time and the place was very clean. Our stay at haiku plantation inn was excellent for peace and quiet and some "honeymoon" time. Sandy was also helpful when it came to siteseeing. She gave us great direction to the waterfalls which were close by. Haiku is also nice to stay when youre doing that long day trip to hana. Its great to stop at the bottom of the hill rather than driving all the way south to stay in lahaina like we did before. For great prices, and a wonderful honeymoon experience, go here!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kayleyc03
There are newer reviews for Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Haiku Plantation Inn!!! It is located in a lovely tropical setting, the driveway itself was to die for. In addition to the welcome reception we received, we were made even more comfortable by the warm, friendly, helpful hostess and owner, Sandy.
Our room was clean, comfortable, and made even better by the cool breeze sliding off the palm tree leaves in through our window.
Sandy, knowing we got up way before breakfast was served, set up the coffee pot every night so that we just had to turn it on in the am, we sat quietly out on the lovely lanai sipping our coffee and just enjoying watching the morning come alive. We will most defiantly return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jetnete
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Aloha to my friends! This house provides such a great opportunity for me to meet the kindest people. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time here at the Inn and on Maui. It was my pleasure to host you two and I look forward to your return to our lovely island. Thank you for all your kind comments and taking the time to review. It is much appreciated.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A few weeks ago I and my family had the pleasure to staying a second time at the Haiku Plantation Inn in Haiku. The first time we stayed in 2011 we were impressed by the hospitality, the 150 year old building and the absence of the kind of tourists who flock to the resorts on the westside of Maui. We were even more impressed in June - the bnb experience was even better (hard to imagine) and friendlier.

If you like to stay in resorts with golf courses and numerous tourist events, plus the local tourist activities and shops of Lahaina, please do not go to the Haiku Plantation Inn. Please do not spoil the quiet charm and relaxation of this venerable bnb. If you like to party or can’t control your cellphone, the westside is for you.

Sandy, the proprietor, was again the pleasant host and full of helpful information. If you are somewhat spiritual, ask her about the history of the building, its original owner, a medical doctor, and why the doctor chose that location. It may have something to do with prehistoric trails and energy fields. Lets just say that the place has good vibes, and most people go away happy. We had intermittent rains, winds and sunshine in June. On one glorious day, after the morning rains let up, we decided to go back and hike up the Iao Valley a second time, an unforgettable experience along prehistoric trails.

We have been all over Maui and love the island and what’s left that is unspoiled. If that is how you travel and you don’t have little children, seriously consider this bnb.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Gail1981_13

I am honored truly to once again be a part of your magic journey here on Maui. Our two families may look a bit different than just a short three years ago but life does continue to change and grow. I look forward to your next visit, and I am glad you found Maui and our Inn to be a special part of your travels. It is always a pleasure to have you here at home at the Haiku Plantation Inn. A hui hou! Sandy

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited Hawaii for the first time and wanted to see real Hawaii, where people live and work! This was a delightful place to live it with bananas outside our bedroom. We felt right at home. This old home is a treasure. Sandy has done a great job decorating it to make it fun, classy and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable! Breakfasts were yummy. We loved talking with the other guests as well as our hostess and found things to do that enriched our visit. We stayed 5 nights and hated to leave at the end.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elburn
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our time at Haiku Plantation Inn. Sandy made us feel totally at home and had some really useful tips for hikes, restaurants, things to see and do. Her property has a very tropical vibe with a big mango tree in the yard, heliconias, and the areca palms surrounding the property keep it very secluded and quiet. The place has a very interesting history which she'll tell you about. We live on Oahu and have stayed in a a number of B&Bs on the neighbor islands. This was our favorite. Thanks Sandy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn R
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ahhh...peaceful Hawaii

I just returned from Maui and enjoyed my stay in such a beautiful setting, provided by the Haiku Plantation Inn. The location is very private and peaceful with huge tropical trees surrounding the property. I loved walking around the yard and gardens each morning with my Hawaiian coffee in hand and planning my day. Breakfast varied daily but was always fresh with lots of healthier choices. My room was neat, clean and nicely decorated with a comfy bed and I agree with other reviews - I did sleep very well here.

I was also impressed by the care taken daily to attend to each guest's particular requests and needs. Sandy really seems to care about her guests, and is a wealth of knowledge of places to go, unusual things to see and her tips on places to eat were invaluable. For me, my experience of this B&B was peaceful, pleasurable and perfect. I will return soon to my new found home on Maui.

Room Tip: In visiting with other guests, I think any room would be perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel H
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We, my girl friend and I, decided to take a few days vacation and came across a warm and welcoming bed and breakfast. Sandy was an amazing host and went above and beyond making this experience a one of a kind. Haiku plantation is a piece of true Maui, rural atmosphere, clean rooms, and peaceful sleep. Sandy even supplied us with great tips on sight seeing which is information most tourists have to pay for. The location is great for the perfect get away and a chance to feel like one of the locals. And it was amazing to find that the house is part of Maui's history. Sandy beautifully decorated the house with charm. It was very relaxing to enjoy the hot tub that is on property as well. If you are interested in Hawaii history, warm hospitality, and a great night sleep on comfy beds, then this is the place to go. We will be coming back very soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the plumeria suite, which is a wonderful well lit room with windows for a nice breeze...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danin352
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haiku
Travaasa Hana, Maui
#3 of 6 in Paia
The Plantation Inn
The Plantation Inn
#1 of 11 in Lahaina

Been to Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!