“Disappointing”
Review of Anuenue Juice Truck - CLOSED

Anuenue Juice Truck
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fresh, Healthy & Delicious cold-pressed juice & superfood smoothies, Acai bowls, salads, vegetarian chili & more. Fun, uplifting, positive & vibrant place to hangout with friendly service and authentic aloha.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A cute and cozy little place in the heart of Lanai City that didn't live up to it's expectations.

When we walked in there were two people ahead of us and two people working behind the counter. We looked at the menu for awhile deciding what to order and it took them a full five minutes before they even acknowledged that we were there.

I ordered a smoothie and my wife ordered a juice. The young kid behind the counter (the owners son I think) took our money without a smile or a "thank you" then went to the fridge, pulled out a smoothie, stuck a straw in it and handed it to me.

It was another fifteen minutes before my wife got her juice. She said her juice was good, but even after the long wait my smoothie was still too thick to drink from a straw. I ended up throwing most of it away.

A very disappointing experience from start to finish.

2  Thank Rick P

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This spot could be fabulous. The juice and smoothie menu was large, the juices were absolutely fabulous, and the people were great. However, the service is SLOW! I understand that each juice is made fresh and at the time ordered, and the lovely woman apologized over and over for the long wait- but it took a long time... However, it is the only place to get such wonderful concoctions, and I would definitely go back!! Just know going in that it could take a while ;)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

When on Lanai, a must stop is this charming piece of heaven across from Dole Park. Here you will first be treated to a wonderful warm welcome filled with smiles. Second, you will feel overwhelmed with the indecision created by the fantastic menu choices. The great news...you will feel so great here that you will not want to leave, giving you enough time to taste more than one of the delicious juices or smoothies.

Gracious conversation, locals and visitors, wonderful breezes and of course, Juice! Treat yourself to some awesomeness with an "Orange You Glad You Drink Kale", "Liquid Sunshine" or the amazing "Monkey Love" smoothie!

Visiting Anuenue is an experience that can not be fully enjoyed if you're in a hurry. This is not a fast food establishment. Allow yourself to be social, sustainable, healthy and juicylicious!

Juice now....thank me later!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm very particular about my Acai bowl. Anuenue Juice Bar made a huge delcious acai bowl with my favorite fruit...mango.
Every thing was so delcious.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having been in the restaurant business I understand having to find the balance of quality and efficiency when you first open. I have read the article in the Lanai Today paper about the history of the owner. You can tell that she is passionate about her idea of sharing fresh & nutritious food, however if she is going to continue to stay open as a business there will need to be some work done on the efficiency of getting that product out. It took 30 minutes for us to get two drinks (Pineapple lemonade & kine devine) and two "grab and go" salads. The place was not busy, just not well organized. Granted - the salad greens were fresh and the drinks ok, but unless you have nothing else to do on the island- it is just too slow. You will need to plan on a minimum of 1 -2 hours for a drink and salad to eat there. That is fine if you are a sit down restaurant. Not so good if you are an order at the counter and go juice bar.
This review is not meant to be critical. I understand not being in a hurry and just enjoying the island ambiance. But- if you are going to pay the bills and keep the doors open, you will either need to double your prices or get out more product a little more efficiently.
I wish this young woman all the luck in the world! The food business is a tough one.

2  Thank Susan W