“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: Filipino
Waipahu, Hawaii
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Skip the overpriced resort breakfast and visit Canoe's. Auntie whipped up some great home-cooked food. Try the fried rice (one of Hawaii's great breakfast foods), it was amazing!

Visited June 2013

Hawaii
“Local diner all the way”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you want to experience eating where the locals go, try this place. You will find chili pepper water (local version of Tabasco) on the tables, and a menu full of local eats. My suggestion is to try the fried rice moco--a heaping mound of home made fried rice topped with a hamburger patty and fried egg, smothered in brown gravy.

Visited May 2013
Livermore, California
“Great for Breakfast”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Listen, you are in an environment where service is what it is, no more no less. If you feel the need to have your own personal wait staff, don’t eat here. But if you want a good breakfast, I had Eggs, Hash Browns, sausage and toast for like 9 bucks (as opposed to $33 at Manele Bay) then this is your kind of place. My daughter’s French toast was very good and my wife had the breakfast burrito, each was well prepared and tasty. Don’t listen to a word from a 4 season’s groupie, try it for yourself, be adventurous

• Visited May 2013
Dana Point, California
“Skip It!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We all have an opinion, mine of this place is not great. Service is borderline terrible and the whole experience less than desirable. There's something to be said for friendly waitstaff that are attentive and that regardless of how simple or extensive a menu is and that in cases such as this, takes the time to explain to you that if you order something called "hamburger" on the menu, that item is not what most of the world consider a "hamburger" in the form of a meat patty between two pieces of bread with lettuce, tomato, condiments and/or some variation of that. Instead, what you get is meat patties that are served in the form of a "Salisbury steak".

I think that as a waiter, is worth explaining this to your customers, especially if after the surprise of getting something that is not a hamburger you will naturally ask for a knife to cut your salisbury steak since one is not given to you. Matter of fact, I don't know if they even have knives and since service is so terrible battling to cut your meal with the fork is better than the effort of getting anyone's attention. That said, not once after my food was delivered I was asked if I needed anything or whether I was satisfied with my food. I think she may have read my mind and that's why she stayed away!

When receiving my bill, there was food on the check presenter and receipt, not very sanitary I'd say but not surprised as the table next to me sat dirty getting swarmed by flies most of the time I sat there battling with cutting the salisbury steak.

If after this review you still decide that you have the right to go and form your own opinion, I'd say to you....Good Luck! Oh, and bring cash as they don't take credit cards.

• Visited April 2013
Marin County, CA
“Nice Service but....”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff were very attentive but the food was only so-so. A bit greasy again--seems to be a theme in the city. More locals here.

Visited March 2013