“Really Good Pizza”

Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice while on the island. Very good pizza. My wife had pasta and it was also delicious. Big portions too. The owner was a nice fellow from New Jersey, I believe, and reminded me of Bruce Springsteen.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We came in for dinner, it was half empty. We had to ask the server 3 times for a glass of ice and the red wine was like drinking soup it was so hot. Food was ok, but when the bill came they added 20% gratuity. Wow! Service was worth 15%. We went the next day just to have a drink. Again 20% gratuity added on each drink. Outrageous and the owner was really temperamental and threw my change at me. Will not support this local business.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wow. I went to order and next to the cashier stand is a sign stating "If you didn't buy it here, don't eat it here." Darn, my wife had packed two bananas and some pita bread and wanted a diet coke while I ate my lunch. Not here. I asked. While the place was 80% empty, our option was to eat 15 feet away from the restaurant on the grass. Nice customer service....

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Much of the food available on Lana'i is either from the resorts, or "local style." But if you feel like a change from (some of the excellent) plate lunch fare - and don't want to break the bank - Pele's is the place. The pizza is really (really) excellent and the deli sandwiches are generous. The atmosphere is comfortable, they have a nice selection of wine and beer, and the staff and owners are friendly and professional. You might get lucky and be able to grab a table without reservations, but this place is popular with locals, so it is good to call ahead if you can.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The place was pretty empty when our party of 4 arrived. We didn't have reservations so that was a problem (every table had a reserved sign?) for the person greeting us who happened to be the owner. We finally got seated after a lot of attitude. Food was pretty much ordered pre-made from Costco. Okay food and portion sizes but nothing spectacular. The place stayed empty until we left. That was the first and last time dining there for me and friends.