“Amazing place!!!”

Lanai Cat Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Lanai City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Longing for the cat you left at home? Don't miss Lanai`s open-air sanctuary, a happy haven for spayed and neutered cats. Imagine a large playground in paradise, where cats romp and play in Hawaii's sunshine, and snooze under shady trees. Purring cats of all shapes and sizes eagerly await your visit. Our caregivers, who joyfully care for the cats, would love to meet you too. If you're interested in adopting a cat, we love matchmaking!
McDonough, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing place!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I think this is a must to do when you are visiting Lanai. Short drive outside of town, the cats are well taken care of, and as we found out, look forward to attention from new people. As I cat lover, it was great to be able to see and interact with so many cats of all ages, colors and sizes.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Gilroy, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cat Haven A Must”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family really enjoyed the cat rescue center. Approximately 350 cats, many who come right up to be pet when you enter. We are cat lovers, but my husband is allergic so I don't get cat love very often. This is a must visit for animal lovers. We ended up sponsoring a kitten and buying several tshirts as gifts. This is a unique place and we will certainly be returning.

Kailua, Hawaii
“Awe Inspiring”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been a cat lover all my life and have been and volunteered for many shelters. The Lanai animal rescue center is wonderful. They are providing a clean, safe and loving environment for all their cats.
My twins and I will return to volunteer and hopefully adopt a kitty or two........
karen u
oahu

sacramento
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“interesting for cat lovers”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As a dog person, I still enjoyed this place. If you've had a chance to experience Lana'i's history and culture - and great local artists, then this makes a fun stop.

“Amazing”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to the Lana'i Animal Rescue Center and had too much fun! The cats and staff were super nice! I loved the way the sanctuary let the cats run free. The area is a huge cage, where the cats can adventure around like they are still in the wild. The cats were so sweet people of all ages would have a blast!