“An amazing sunset catamaran cruise!”
Review of Trilogy Lana'i

Trilogy Lana'i
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Lanai City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide ocean activities with island hospitality for people staying on the island of Lana'i. If you are looking to visit Lana'i for the day from Maui please go to our sister company Trilogy Excursions. Lana'i offers world famous SCUBA diving and snorkeling with consistent 100+ ft visibility, underwater lava tubes to explore and an amazing dramatic sea cliff coastline scattered with old Hawaiian burial caves and homestead platforms (all visible from the boat). We offer a 2-tank boat dive which regularly visits 1st Cathedrals dive site, which is just 5 minutes outside of the Harbor. We only take out small groups and keep a 6:1 passenger to Dive Master ratio. We also offer snorkel trips, sunset sails and mammal searches (exploring the coastline looking for spinner dolphins and depending on the time of year humpback whales). We also offer SNUBA and Discover SCUBA diving off Hulopo'e beach week days only.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 5, 2013

What a wonderful evening out on the water! The crew was very friendly and helpful and served great hors d'oeuvres and drinks. My friends and I got some amazing shots of us with Sweetheart Rock and the incredible sunset in the background courtesy of the crew! It was a great evening and I'd definitely use Trilogy again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went with friends on a sunset trip and it was one of the best and most memorable times while I was in Hawaii. Not only was the staff excellent and did a great job setting up the boat for breathtaking views, but they were so friendly and personable and fun to be around. The pictures I have are out of a magazine thanks to their knowledge of the boat and where the best pictures to take were.. The staff was extremely helpful with other activities to do on the islands. I would do that cruise everyday if I could!
Do this cruise.. you won't regret it!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have sailed with Trilogy multiple times when visiting from Wisconsin, and every time is amazing. The service they provide is top notch, and the crew is awesome. I can't wait to go back to Lana'i and sail with Trilogy again. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We decided on this trip last minute and booked it the night before, and were pleasantly surprised to find that it left from the shore of our hotel, Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, at the Trilogy hut. We showed up at 8am with our swimwear, dry clothes for later, hats, sunscreen, beach towels, and sweaters that we never needed. We surrendered our flip-flops and boarded the boat. Right after departure Captain Kevin gave us a few rules of the sea, then his crew Thomas and Kai passed out homemade cinnamon buns, pineapple juice and coffee. I think they were good because my husband had four cinnamon buns. The sail over to Honolua bay was windy and the coldest part of the trip.

I'd only been snorkeling once around black rock so I didn't really know what to expect but you are fully taken care of on this trip. I was given flippers, a mask, the fogger stuff to clean the lens, a wetsuit top - and I was ready to go. It was raining on and off when we landed in Honolua Bay, but we were the only boat as far as the eye could see. Because it was our first time to Maui, everyone says to go to Molokini... but that seemed far to us, and we thought we'd stay lazy and check out this bay. It's really, really beautiful. Multi-colored coral, eels, turtles, fishes, it's all just stunning and so relaxing. I could feel the warm rain on my back as I swam around, not a care in the world. My husband decided to snuba, which meant he got to go 20 feet down (without any scuba experience). I'm surprised he didn't sink after all of those pastries.

After about an hour, I headed back to the boat where Capt. Kevin was cooking up a BBQ lunch. They offered snacks like chips and mango salsa, more cinnamon buns for my husband, a tray of fruit, sodas and water. Lunch was delicious. Capt. Kevin happily answered all my touristy questions about the area as he mastered his grill.

After lunch, we jumped back in the water for another half hour or so, then we were ready to sail back to Ka'anapali, where we were offered vanilla fudge swirl ice cream as we bounced on the nets on this catamaran style boat. The capt and crew were very professional, friendly and fun to sail with. I'm so glad we got to do it. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Brendadc
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stumbled upon Trilogy on our visit to Maui in 1999, and it was a highlight of our stay on Maui. Fast forward to 2013, when we brought our four kids (ages 13, 13, 11 and 10) to their first visit to Hawaii. While clicking the "purchase" button online with one hand for all six of us to do the Discover Lana'i excursion required an "adult" beverage in the other, it was still something I'd do again in a heartbeat.

First, the access to Lana'i and ability to get to Manele Bay with an outfitter like Trilogy makes them unique. The island tour is worth the hour as you really get a sense for the history and geography of the island. Hearing the first-hand stories from our tour guide made it quite memorable.

The snorkeling the day we were there was great despite some rather rough surf. The snacks on the beach were a welcome addition, although we were pretty full from the cinnamon buns and sandwich wraps we had on the ride over.

The dinner was terrific, and the setting was very cool overlooking the harbor.

Our ride back allowed the crew to finally hoist the sails for part of the voyage, which was unbelievably beautiful. The views of the cliffs and Maui off in the distance is something you'll never forget. To top it off, one of the crew also plays the ukulele, and treated us to a few songs, completing the whole scene.

What really makes Trilogy fun, though, is the crew. They're accessible, genuinely friendly, always looking for ways to make you happy, and embody the aloha spirit you hear so much about. We can't wait to do it again.