“Cool Ship.”
Review of Shipwreck Beach

Shipwreck Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a fun place to visit.....just to see the wrecked ship if nothing else.... and frankly, there is nothing else to do here. There's quite a bit of trash that washes up on the shore here, and not really great beaches....although we did encounter one couple tanning completely nude, so I guess some people find it a nice place to relax.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked a Hummer from 808 Hummer. Everything about dealing with them was extremely easy. I have to thank the forum and TA for the recommendation. I booked a couple weeks before the trip online, selected hotel drop off and the gentleman called while on his way and we met out front of the lodge. Very simple transaction. The vehicle was great and had a pretty powerful sound system as well, which we enjoyed while driving around the island. I would have to say that this is a must-do while on Lanai. Whether you take a hummer or a jeep, you must see the island to appreciate the Kauai experience.

We passed back by the lodge and took the road to shipwreck beach. We had a nice lunch and saw a family leaving as we arrived, but nobody else out there. The water near the shore was like a lake. Almost perfectly still and clear. Like a bath. We sat on some rocks and ate our lunch. It wasn’t until we were done and almost about to leave that we realized we had visitors. Mice! Not very shy mice who poked their heads out of the rocks to check out the crumbs I guessed. We ambled around, took some photos, and enjoyed the isolation for a bit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We rented a jeep and drove the trail to Shipwreck Beach while on our visit to Lana'i. I'm glad that we made the short trip, but it wasn't the highlight of our trip. It may have been that we were here in the winter season, but it was very windy. It was cool to see the old rusty ship so close to the shore and we hiked quite a ways on the beach. The information about anything and everything washing up on shore is true, it was a bit disappointing to see so much garbage washed up on the shore here. But, we had some fun and enjoyed the scenic drive there and back to the Lodge at Koele.

1  Thank AZTraveler1014
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This isn't a great beach per se as swimming is discouraged, but the views from it were spectacular as was the drive to it, and scavenging on the beach was fun. The whale show from shore was not to be believed. I think we saw ten full breaches in a ten minute period.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was one of the stops on our jeep tour of the island. Highly recommended. The beach itself is beautiful and apparently some days you can see seals on the beach and smaller sea turtles coming into the shallows to feed. We didn't get to see either but the shipwreck is spectacular!