My husband and I stayed at the Lodge at Koele in September to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Our trip began on Maui and we took the ferry to Lanai for 2 nights. Lanai itself is a really neat departure from Maui. The Four Seasons shuttle met us at the ferry and drove us up the mountain to the Lodge at Koele. Its about a 20 min drive to the Lodge from the ferry. The island is majority owned by Larry Ellison (Silicon Valley-Oracle) as of late and the shuttle driver had nothing but nice things to say about the somewhat recent transaction. The people who live on Lanai are happy to have the cash infusion by someone who loves their island and wants to keep it the way the people want it. The island is a very mellow place to relax. We spent our nights at the Lodge and took the (included) FS shuttle to the other FS resort on the beach for the days. The Lodge is at a higher elevation and is forested. We enjoyed walking around the grounds of the resort. There are fountains and trails and stables with horses. They have a nice gym that is located near the pool that is well equipped and comfortable. We like to frequent FS hotels as they always have icy soaked towels in the gym and lovely flavored waters and gatorade. Nice touch. The gym was very clean. Our room was gorgeous and had wonderful views of the grounds. The room was comfortable and well appointed. Its a Four Seasons!! There was nothing missing. Turn down in the evening is always nice (slippers, water, chocolate) and the bed was delicious! The bathroom was enormous and lots of marble and a nice makeup area with chair. Once day upon our return to our room after a day out, the maid had noticed my husbands reading glasses laying on the desk. She had folded up a little FS eye glass chamois cleaning cloth and laid it on the glasses case. I feel its those little sublties that make a Four Seasons experience different from other hotels. We enjoyed the ease of taking the shuttle to the other FS property on the island that is beachside (Manele Bay). We enjoyed the beach resort by day and the lovely, quaint, peaceful and ROMANTIC Koele by evening.
If you get the opportunity to visit Lanai, both the resorts are lovely, but if you are looking for quaint, romantic and relaxing, then Koele is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is currently closed and is undergoing an exciting renovation program. We look forward to sharing details on our project and opening date in the future. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii