We stayed at Koele for three nights last week and did enjoy our experience there. We were surprised,however, at the behavior of some staff as it was unprofessional.
The Lodge is a lovely spot with breathtaking sunsets and lovely gardens. It is unlike any other place in Hawaii. We liked the rooms better at Koele than Manele Bay as they were cozier and much more charming with newer furnishings that were much more cheerful.The food is also better at the Lodge.
Our problem lay with the staff as quite a few times during our stay we were disturbed by inappropriate behavior. On several occasions we ate dinner or lunch at the lovely bar off the lobby and were disturbed by the chatter of staff gathering around the cash register and gossiping. The chatter was loud enough for us to ask them to keep it down as we could not hear each other.
One morning in the lobby at six AM there was a group of staff gathered around the front desk shrieking with laughter that resounded throughout the front of the hotel.
I have no objection to people enjoying life and work but not at the expense of others who are paying for tranquility and relaxation.
We encountered problems with staff on a few occasions ranging from our room key not working
three times to items left by us in our room accidentally not being returned to us after we had checked out. On each occasion we had to make several calls and received little help. We have still not received the items we left in the room though we were promised several days ago they had been sent to us.
Perhaps Koele is going through a transition period under new ownership and our experience is a rare one, but it was disturbing enough to us to not want it repeated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is currently closed and is undergoing an exciting renovation program. We look forward to sharing details on our project and opening date in the future. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii