Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele
Lahaina Inn(Lahaina)
$210
$399
  • Beachfront
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$213
Cancelon
$683
$435
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$315
$165
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf courseshuttle servicebest of both worldsbeautiful resortcroquetbaygamehawaiiislandlanaiupcountryhiketubs
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our second trip to The Lodge and this time we had the most wonderful wedding there! The wonderful staff not only took care of all of the event planning, everyone seemed to share in the joy of our day! Customer service is exemplary and the hotel is so peaceful and quiet and just beautiful. We had a fireplace in our room and the staff came to build a fire for us whenever we wished. We wanted for nothing! Leaving this beautiful place after our wedding was very difficult! We will most certainly return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank doctorespeed
Reviewed June 4, 2013

What an experience! While we visit the islands almost every year, this is our first experience staying on Lanai and we are certainly awed by this hotel! This is by far the best hotel/lodge we've stayed at...period! About a week prior to arrival I received an email from the lodge asking for my flight details so they could be at the airport when we arrived. When flying in I read an article that stated that this is the #2 hotel in the world and it appears to be correct! After we landed we were immediately greeted and whisked away on the shuttle. After the brief ride to the hotel, we were greeted coming off the shuttle with leis and prior to entering the lobby received a hot towel to refresh our hands. Upon entering the lobby, we were asked to have a seat (in extremely comfortable surroundings) while they checked us in (no waiting in line). While waiting the couple of minutes, we were served pineapple juice. We were then escorted, given a brief tour of the hotel, and taken to our room. Immediately after that our luggage was brought in and then the housekeeper brought extra towels, water, etc. The room is extremely comfortable with a nice TV, DVD player, Nespresso machine and wireless Internet. They even keep a library of DVDs at the front desk for checkout and the list is quite extensive! There's additional complimentary water in the small refrigerator. We use Internet quite extensively while traveling so we opted for the high speed option at $20/day for up to 5 devices (the speed I measured was 18 Mbps download which is plenty fast for our needs). The free option is available but is for one device and much slower. Of course there's turndown service at night leaving glasses and water by the bedside, drawing the drapes, and a floor mat by each bed. The attention to detail is impeccable. Everyone addresses us by name.

I must say the pictures of the resort and the surrounding grounds when viewed on the Internet don't do it justice! It's much more spectacular in person! Even when taking my own pictures I can't seem to capture all the beauty. We'll definitely be back next year and stay longer. This was an enjoyable and relaxing experience!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Steven S
LodgeatKoele, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Aloha Steven S,

Thank you for the glowing review of your recent stay! I believe you summed it up by stating "This is by far the best hotel/lodge we've stayed at...period!" This is truly the highest compliment our team can receive and I am thrilled at your account of your visit with us. From the arrival experience to the luxurious accommodations, our team goes above and beyond to ensure our guests comfort and expectations are exceeded. The colorful gardens, rolling countryside and warm lighting are truly magical in person. I have tried to capture the scene many times as well and my pictures aren't as vivid as the resort in person. Thank you for the thoughtful detail in your review and for discovering the island. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

A hui hou!

Alice Bouman
Resort Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The 4 of us were in Maui for our Condominium Home Owners meetings and decided to make a side trip to Lanai. Since our condo in Maui is on the beach we decided to stay at the Lodge. Great decision! It is a whole different Hawaii, magical, relaxed, beautiful grounds, Koi Pond... Impeccable service too! As a belated birthday and a retirement celebration I let the Concierge know in advance and that I was hosting the weekend. I sent cards over ahead of time. When we arrived the cards were in our friends room with a bottle of champagne and birthday cake personalized. At dinner that night the menu had been personalized with Happy Birthday and our friends name on it...all very professionally and tastefully done. The rooms were great, warm and inviting. The lodge itself was like a more refined Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite Park. The side trips in the jeep were fun but it was the Lodge itself, the grounds and views, the staff and the food that made the trip perfect. We have decided that it will be an annual trip for the four of us every May...

Room Tip: We had rooms 224 and 225 at the end of the wing - great rooms with large lanais and great views of the gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank digorydog
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you want customer service, this is the place to stay! If you prefer a quieter hotel, this is the place for you! We love sleeping with our windows open and the cool breezes coming in. The restaurant was great and we were celebrating our birthdays and even had menu's with Happy Birthday Mrs. and Mrs. Walker given to us....a real surprise! The beauty of staying here, is you get cool weather and if you want some sun, you can hop on the shuttle and go to the beach where again, you will be delighted with the service. I enjoyed my mini smoothies, crab on crackers, etc. What an amazing place to stay....If you haven't stayed here.....DO. We did the Ocean Hale and Lea Hennessy organized the private dinner overlooking the ocean. If you want a special night with someone.....this is the place to do it. My husband is not overly emotional, but I can say he talked about this night for days afterwards! Thanks Lea!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a great hotel and the golf course is really beautiful. It's quiet in the mountains, not as busy and touristy as Manele Bay. There's a game room w/pool tables, TVs, shuffleboard, and an orchid house. The grounds are very pretty. Within walking distance of town but not the beach. The rooms are very nice with window seats, windows that open, and expresso machines. The temperature in the mountains is cooler than at Manele Bay so air conditioning is not needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT overlooking the parking lot!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family