We have been going to the Lodge at Koele for 21 years so obviously we love it. They have made a couple changes that we weren't happy about. It is much cooler at the Lodge, often windier and more rain. I know taking down the hedge around the pool was for a view of the great lawn but it did help as a barrier to the wind. Being able to use the Manele pool was a real plus. I never noticed a lack of chairs or the pool being over crowded. Perhaps if they hadn't put in those ridiculous cabanas they could put in more individual chairs. Not being able to use the fitness room at Manele I could live with even tho the view is spectacular. Perhaps if the Lodge would put in a spa like Manele, people wouldn't even need to go down to there.
But the REAL disappointment was the Great Room and the Terrace Restaurant. What were they thinking? Cutting the restaurant in half and extending it into the Great Room so now only half the restaurant has a view of the beautiful grounds makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention the selection of new furniture. The previous over stuffed couches and chairs and the beautiful carpets were what made the Great Room great. The moment you walked in the door, the room was beautiful and inviting. Now the first thing you see when you walk in is the podium to take your meal reservations.
We will probably go back because it is such a beautiful property and relaxing, but I hope they rethink their changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is currently closed and is undergoing an exciting renovation program. We look forward to sharing details on our project and opening date in the future. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii