The Four Seasons has a well-deserved reputation for outstanding customer service and The Lodge is no exception. It's important to note that there are basically only three hotels on the island of Lanai--The Lodge, The Four Seasons Manele Bay (sister property) and Hotel Lanai in Lanai City (a much more casual hotel). We were able to get a special rate on The Lodge through a 3-nights-for-2 special that made it about 1/2 of Manele Bay, which is why we chose the Lodge. Unless you are a golfer, there is very little else to do on Lanai, so it's a great vacation if you just want to relax, not as much if you need to be doing something constantly. The most excitement at the Lodge is when the birds start singing in the bamboo forest at sunset. They have a nice pool, exercise facility, mini golf (real putting greens), croquet (play the one on the right, the left one is confusing) and an orchid greenhouse at the back of the property. And yes, a wonderful golf course attached. They have a shuttle that runs to Manele Bay every hour earlier in the day, then every half hour later in the day, so you can take advantage of all of the facilities of Manele Bay without paying Manele Bay prices. The Lodge is the inland location, Manele Bay is the oceanfront location. Yet we actually preferred the peace and serenity of The Lodge. The Lodge has the better dining options as well. Manele Bay does have a spa, although you can request a massage at The Lodge and they will meet you there. Overall, it was a great trip for me and my wife. Very pricey, but well worth it.
The only downside we had during the visit was a problem with mosquitos in the room at night. However, the hotel management did everything possible to try to rid our room of them, including sending the maids to swat them and giving us citronella candles to light on the balcony. Not sure how they were coming in, but yes, even paradise has mosquitos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is currently closed and is undergoing an exciting renovation program. We look forward to sharing details on our project and opening date in the future. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii