This was our third visit, and this is my third review of the Lodge on Trip Advisor. I can't say enough. The Lodge is the ultimate in pampering and relaxation. Superb service (kudos to Fiona and Edith, concierges; Larry, Hawaiian entertainment in lobby; and Gerard and Kara, pool attendants at Manele Bay).
Other Four Seasons may have just as good service (although, from what I can tell, it is not as personalized down at Manele Bay), but you can't beat the Lodge's service and price. It is one of the least expensive Four Seasons, but one of the best in terms of personalized service. The staff really do seem to care that you enjoy your trip to the fullest.
I won't repeat as I'm sure others have written about all of the perks at both hotels, as in you have privileges at sister hotel at Manele Bay. We typically spend our days down at Manele but always stay at the Lodge. It is serene, a bit cooler and more relaxing. Since families tend to stay at the Manele, it is quieter at the Lodge.
Applause to management for moving the fire pits. They are much more conducive to a relaxing evening where they are situated now, but the logs still need to be covered so as not to smoke if wet.
We were upgraded to the Kohele Deluxe category this time. It actually was a bit smaller than the Garden Deluxe (and the bathroom was as well) but with a much better view. For our 30th anniversary, there was a split of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us in the room. We only stayed 5 nights on this trip as we split our trip between Lanai and Maui. We should have just stayed the entire 10 nights here. We stayed at the Ritz on Maui, and although nice, it has a horrible beach and is very windy. And the service is not anything like the Lodge. Maui is so built up, it's not even enjoyable any longer.
The Dining Room has a new chef, and our meal was wonderful. We dined there five years ago, and it was awful, so we didn't visit on our last trip two years ago. The food and service were outstanding without being stuffy. Ditto for The Terrace. I just love the mahi mahi with miso butter.
Go to Lanai and stay at the Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is currently closed and is undergoing an exciting renovation program. We look forward to sharing details on our project and opening date in the future. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii