“Outstanding! Best food on The island.”

Lanai City Bar & Grille
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Lanai City
Cuisines: Asian, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: The inter island shuttle drops off and picks up at our door every half an hour.
Description: Lana'i City Bar & Grille is temporarily closed for renovations. We apologize for the inconvenience. Lana'i City Bar & Grille, located under the roof of the charming Hotel Lana'i, with its innovative cuisine and its comfortable interior is quickly becoming the premier restaurant on the island.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

An restaurant with reasonable prices (especially compared with those at the 4 Seasons) and waiters very knowledgable about ingredients. We stayed at 4 Seasons Lodge at Koehle, which we loved, But the restaurants at both resorts were sky high (e.g., $60 for our oatmeal & bagel w/lox b'fast). We had our best dinners at the Lanai City Grille. If you are staying at either of the 4 Seasons Resorts, their shuttle will drop you off & pick you up at the Grille - a 10-15 minute ride.
After our first dinner there, I told one of the owners, Mike, how much we loved it. After thanking me, he asked me to come with him a moment to the kitchen. He then told the cooks that he wanted them to know that I had just given them great compliments on their work. That is the sign of a great restaurant owner who wants his staff know how much their work is appreciated!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This restaurant boasts Hawaii Regional Celebrity Chef Bev Gannon as its executive chef. The menu is innovative but has some tried and true standbys (the night I was there, Prime Rib was on the menu - hardly a groundbreaking dish). We were there on a Friday evening - and they had entertainment, which meant the restaurant was very crowded and the wait staff was close to being overwhelmed.

The restaurant is a very welcome alternative to the restaurants at the two Four Seasons resorts on the island - both from a standpoint of the menu and the price.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We ate one meal at Lanai City Grille and were very happy with our food. The service was very good, really friendly and relaxed. We started with the Crab Dip which is really good, one of us had the fish special which was very good and I had the ribs which I really enjoyed (but they are very filling). We split a great dessert, Hawaiian Bread Pudding with great coconut icecream on it. That plus a bottle of wine the total bill came to just under $150.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Chef Warren Seta has done a fabulous job. Had the ahi sashimi for appetizers: ONO, the best, freshest I have ever had. Wine selection was good. i had cippino (did I spell it right) which was OK. My wife had the scallops which were huge and tasty. Dessert was a freshly baked chocolate cookie with vanilla ice cream. Awesome!

Prices were very moderate for this level of restaurant. A must visit.

I wish they were open on Mondays and Tuesdays, at least the bar with some poke.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This restaurant was really good! We were in Lanai for 8 nights and we came here for three nights. The food was fresh, the staff were very friendly and the restaurant had a cozy feeling to it. I highly recommend this place! It is expensive but just like the other dining options on Lanai. They are all expensive. It would be nice if it was a little less but the food is good at least.