“Unexpected”

Ishihara Market
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stopped here on our way to the Waimea Canyon. Very large selection on lunch items to go. Plate lunches, sushi, sandwiches, etc. The sandwiches were already made and packaged with some pasta salad both very good. Great quick place to stop and grab lunch for your trip to the canyon.

1  Thank luvvacation58

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Tried about 5 of their many poke varieties. Found wasabi ahi to be my favorite.

Saw the kalbi beef marinating down the way for a reasonable price so I tried it (the condo I was staying at had a condo). Wow it was great.

Service also was great. They were so willing to offer samples. Would have given 5 stars but found the regular ahi poke to be goodbut not necessarily noteworthy.

Very much recommend. Not too far from Poipu beach.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had such good luck to be introduced to Poke at this market and we are HOOKED! The friendly old Asian man behind the Poke counter asked me if I would like a sample. Wow! I have never had Poke before and to be honest, I wasn't sure how I would handle a lot of raw seafood. They taste so good and fresh. They also have warm rice to go with the Poke if you like, so we end up buying everyone lunch here and really enjoyed it. Go there in the morning and get it fresh. This is the best Poke we had in Kauai.

1  Thank BoneyPuppy
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped by here on on way back from the Canyon based on other's reviews. I'm sure our hiking may have contributed a bit to this review, but I had the absolute best fish sandwich ever from Ishihara. Also had a chance to try some raw crab and a few other samples.

We took our food out to one of the park benches outside- although not beach front, it was definitely a great value and earns a repeat visit!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ishihara is more of a food market rather than a full service restaurant. They meet all of your typical grocery store needs, but go far and beyond with their impressive local food selection in the back of the store. Looking to picnic somewhere along the western shore of Kauai? You MUST stop here and stock up. They offer so many different styles of Poke - Ahi Wasabi, Shoyi, and much more. There are shrimp dishes, king crab, and even octopus. I'd say the have at least 50 or more items on their cold selection. They also make homeade soups and sandwiches to go as well as fresh based banana breads, sushis, and pu pus. I got two 8 oz containers of different pokes and a big chunk of banana bread. It was $19 total, but certainly could feed 2-3 people. I loved that all of these dishes were freshly prepared using local ingredients and true Hawaiian recipes.