“Great Place To Snag Dinner After The Canyon Sunset”

Wrangler's Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Polynesian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After trekking back down from Waimea Canyon, we stopped for dinner at Wrangler's Steakhouse. We even made reservations on the way back down, my husband calling to alter the reservation at least once, since I HAD to stop to get some awesome sunset pictures.

Wranglers is a decent, solid steakhouse. It's not high-end, but it is good, and with an appetite sharpened by a day of hiking around, it's quite tasty. My husband notes he has had better steaks but he's also had much worse, and given what we'd come to expect from local restaurants, having a hit-and-miss experience with our dining options, he thought Wrangler's was pretty decent.

They have a soup and salad bar. We had corn chowder as well as shredded daikon salad. The toppings are a bit limited, but everything is fresh and again, hunger had sharpened our appetites. I had the teriyaki and tempura, but asked them to give me just veggie tempura since I have an aversion to shrimp under certain circumstance. I ended up with a mountainous mound of squash tempura, more than I could reasonably eat. I believe my husband had a New York Strip Steak, but we can't quite recall by now.

We had the dessert sampler and the peach cobbler. Delicious! All in all, a good choice if you are stopping in after an afternoon at Waimea.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were looking for a place to grab a burger since it had been almost a week since we had eaten a burger. We knew this place was open and on recommendation from a friend we stopped by for dinner. It was excellent. Burgers were not on the evening menu but I'm sure we could have gotten burgers. Looking at the menu made us forget burgers. We had the Marlin special and Steak and Shrimp Tempura special. Both were excellent. Passion Orange Ice tea was onolicious. Cost was reasonable. However salad bar could use more choices. No tomato's at a salad bar?

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stopped in Waimea for lunch after going to Waimea Canyon. We drove by and noticed the Western theme but stopped anyway! No loco moco on the menu but the hamburger steak with the onion and mushroom gravy was excellent. My wife had the wrangler burger which she said was great. Soup and salad bar are included. Salad was okay but the soup was very good. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We decided to stop in Waimea and walk around a bit. It was the middle of the afternoon, so we weren't hungry, but a cold beer sounded good. We chose Wrangler's in part due to the outdoor seating in front near the highway. The service was great - no disappointment at all when she heard we just wanted a couple drinks. Very knowledgable about the local beers, helping us choose ones that fit our tastes. The table provided a nice view of downtown Waimea and the hills behind the town.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After a morning trip to the spectacular Waimea Canyon, we were quite hungry and spotted Wrangler's while driving through Waimea. Because there were 6 of us traveling together, the hostess placed us at tables across from each other, which was fine with us. We could still talk with each other but weren't crowded. We saw lots of locals exiting the restaurant, so we felt we were in a good place. We all ordered different items, from the Kau Kau tin, to a burger, to the special (Walu this day). All of the food was prepared well and the service was good. We especially liked the small but interesting salad bar. The soup of the day was onion. It was a really good beef based soup, not too salty, with lots of sweet onions. We also all loved the pickled daikon radish and the papaya seed dressing and returned for seconds for both the soup and other items. We would readily recommend this restaurant to anyone who is near the canyon.