“Good food in a lovely location”
Review of The Grove Cafe - CLOSED

The Grove Cafe
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This restaurant is now called Kalapaki Joe's and is situated on the beautiful grounds of the Waimea Plantation cottages. Food was fresh and tasty and prices were reasonable compared to other Kauai restaurants. Service was average.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Last trip I made to Waimea, this establishment appeared to be closed for business. I did experience the restuarant once before and the food was good, albeit a bit pricey for that part of the island. Bar used to have a micro brewery in site that made some decent beer.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'll start with the good- our server was awesome! He was happy and genuinely wanted to give us a good experience.

Despite our positive server, the place was short-staffed, which meant that things were slow and our server had to be attentive to too many tables. We're pretty easy going folks, so we weren't too upset about that at first and just were looking forward to some good food. I ordered the beer battered fish and chips and was completely disappointed- I didn't even end up finishing them! My boyfriend was similarly disappointed in his meal, so by the time we finally finished up (with slow service it turned out to be a very long meal), we were disappointed, exhausted from our long day of adventures and still a little hungry.

If I could do it again, I think I'd choose a different place or grab food to-go from somewhere and head to a beach to watch the sunset.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice cafe to stop in when visiting Waimea. The outside dining has wonderful views and the food is a little pricey, but good. The desserts are especially huge and wonderful!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Live Hawaiian music on Thursday nights beginning at 7pm. (Lucky for us because we did not know in advance). The menu is limited. Food is average but the experience of being in old Hawaii and dining in the restaurant which is the farthest west in America is very cool.