“Fresh and convenient”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stopped for lunch after a morning in the Waymea Canyon. The food was fresh and very tasty. We sat outside in the shade and really enjoyed the casual and delicious food. I had the Mahi Mahi taco (spiced not cajun) and my love had the taco salad :-)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We ordered 2 mahi mahi and one ahi tuna tacos. We found them delicious and worth the wait. Not much seating.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stopped here after a Canyon hike and it absolutely hit the spot. I ordered the Mahi Mahi (Cajun-style) Taco Salad. This was both spicy and delicious. A lot more food then I expected and surprisingly well paired with the refried beans. The free samples of cinnamon crisps at the counter were also yummy. My husband had the Kahlua pork quesadilla and enjoyed it very much as well. Clean, outdoor seating, super courteous service and no wait. No view, but when you are hungry, who cares?

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We asked our Blue Hawaiian helicopter pilot his favorite food choices and he recommended Island Taco. Sometimes these recommendations aren't reliable but, this one definitely was. The Burrito there was so large you could have fed 3 people. Was delicious and worth the wait as it was considerable during lunch time. But the staff was really efficient and didn't skimp on quality during the rush. Got the Fish Taco-

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Seriously delicious. Came down from a hot day in the canyon and we were ready to eat!! I had the shrimp mini-taco with chips and salsa (lunch special, $9) and my husband had the Teri chicken taco ($7.50). We both loved our food! The shrimp burrito was delicious and their chips are really unique and interesting! Easy parking, very kind service. A little expensive, but isn't everything here?
Overall, I would definitely recommend this great place!