“AMAZING tacos!! Wish we would have discovered sooner!”
Review of Island Taco

Island Taco
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The mahi mahi tacos are to die for. This place doesn't look great from the outside but the tacos are fab! Definitely a must!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Best Taco's on the island. I was looking for a local place that was not too expensive and was good...FOUND IT!! Don't be fooled into thinking its expensive...for Kauai it isn't...one taco $8...but that taco is HUGE and comes with chips and salsa. I had the Kaulua pork...OMG it was awesome. Would have had another but I was stuffed...good thing I asked the girl at the counter if I should order one or two...she politely recommended one to start….Good thing, I wouldn’t have been able to finish another. Great place, will definitely visit again when on Kauai!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here before hiking the canyon. The staff was great, very nice and patient. The tacos were big, the variety was great. We had a nice lunch, prices were about average for Kauai. I would recommend it for a nice lunch.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Spicy mahi mahi fish taco.One was plenty for me as they are chock full of fish, skipped the rice. Great place to stop after spending the morning at Polihale beach.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I went to Island Taco because of the reviews on another site aimed at vegetarians and vegans. What a waste of money. Island Taco offers two varieties of vegan tacos; the difference is only the seasoning on the tofu. I tried cilantro lime, which is apparently their most popular flavor. The flavor itself was fine, but the overall taco was pretty awful...the deep-fried tofu made the whole thing way too greasy. And cabbage instead of lettuce is just...odd. My husband, who eats fish, ordered the ahi taco, and was asked if he wanted that vegan. Huh? He didn't like his tacos, either, and neither of us finished lunch.

There are only three tables outside, and a very small counter, so not much seating. You order inside and they bring the food to you outside; it's not a sit-down restaurant. Hawaii is expensive, but we each had two tacos, I had a bottle of water, and my husband had a soda, and our bill was $32. Do yourself a favor and skip this place...go across the street to Coconut Corner and get some fruit instead.