“Fantastic Tacos!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Island Taco
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Yonkers, New York
“Fantastic Tacos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The wife and I were in Hawaii quite a while ago, but forgot to rate this place. Definitely gets five stars, one of the best places we ate on the island. Tacos are delicious and very filling, worth a stop here after driving down from the Canyon.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mike M

Utah
“Family of 6 and loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have 4 boys from 4 to 10 years of age. We just finished a 5 mile hike and pounded some killer tacos. We spent $50 but could have done without 2 or 3 of the kids meals per everything was huge. The gals working here love what they do. Super friendly! For the price and how quick it was I would highly recommend.

1 Thank balzaar
Beaverton, Oregon
“Delicious fresh tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

After driving to Waimea Canyon last week my husband and I were starved. Island Taco was recommended in our guidebook so we gave it a shot. I ordered a Wasabi Ahi taco and my husband ordered a Kalua Pork. I wasn't sure how many to order since they offer them as a plate of one, two or three. Well, one was more than enough! These are big tacos and they are packed full of whatever delicious filling you choose and served with a side of thin, tortilla chips and salsa.

Everything tasted fresh and homemade and the flavors were fantastic. I tried my husband's Kalua pork, which was good, but the Ahi was the winner. The flavor of the wasabi was just right and worked wonderfully with the fish, cabbage and rice filling.

Simple, no frills roadside restaurant that lets the food speak for itself. Saw several people coming from work to have lunch so it was a good mix of tourists and locals. Would definitely return!

1 Thank YankeeInTheUK
“Good tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The fish tacos were very good. We chose this restaurant because it was the busiest of the three restaurants in closest proximity. Would recommend!

Seattle, Washington
“Huge tacos, fun options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband was talking about tacos since we landed. Our first attempt was Pat's Taqueria, but we had just missed him by a couple of days. This was next on our list. After visiting the canyon, we stopped in for a late lunch. My husband had the fish taco (ahi or mahi mahi, not sure) and I had the kalua pork taco. While we were tempted to get two, the staff let us know that unless we were crazy hungry, one would do the job - she was right, of course. My husband taco was great, the seasonings were yummy and the sauce provided was a great compliment. Mine was just as good, but I would have liked a little more kalua pork and a little less cabbage. Either way, I walked away full and happy. We were also able to drink our own beers out on the picnic tables. Great with tacos!