We stayed here for the second half of our trip, after spending the first half on the other side of the island at a more upscale resort. To begin with, we felt like it was a bit of a let down after the first resort, which was very luxurious, but after we settled in, we really loved this place. It felt like a real home experience, to come back to our own little cottage, our own well stocked kitchen, even our own little garden. The cottage we stayed in was designated as a disabled accessible unit, with a ramp and an oversized bath, however, I'm not sure somebody in a wheelchair could actually use it, because there is no way that a wheelchair could actually get into the main part of the cottage without negotiating at least one step or door sill! This was not an issue for us, so we just enjoyed the extra space in the bath!
Our cottage was off to the side of the property, adjacent to the little graveyard behind the Catholic Church, so not in the really scenic part of the property. There are some other fairly dilapidated buildings nearby, so we did have to walk into the main part of the property to really enjoy how pretty the resort is. I would love to stay there again, but I would request a unit in a different part of the resort next time!
The kitchen was basic, but had everything we needed. We were supplied with an abundance of very nice towels in our two bathrooms. The furniture was simple, but comfortable. The only thing that was not great was our internet access, until our last morning, when a router was finally installed in our unit. The next guest will benefit from that.
We did have some issues with mosquitoes, and the roosters woke us up early every morning, but that is just how it is when you visit Kauai. All in all, it was a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, individual plantation cottages set on a historic 27-acre coconut plantation in a beachside setting close to Kauai's famous Napali Coast and Waimea Canyon. Each self-contained cottage has been fully restored with modern appliances, full kitchens, and amenities. The simple, comfortable charm, genuine history and beautiful grounds allow guests to enjoy a unique experience unlike any other in the islands. Waimea Plantation Cottages offers beautiful settings for Wedding Celebrations, Anniversaries, Family Reunions, and Corporate Business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Waimea Plantation Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waimea Plantation Cottages Hotel Waimea
- Resortquest Waimea Plantation Cottages
- Waimea Plantation Cottages Kauai