“sealodge B1”

and 1 more site!
Sealodge at Princeville
Reviewed August 3, 2007

Loved the area of sealodge in princeville,but was disappointed in the problems that we encountered at B1. Toilet not set right water leaked on bathroom floor. One fan for 1 room only. Sheer curtains where since we were on the 1st floor anyone could walk by & see us. Toaster broken, window shade fell off when we tried opening it up to get window open. We rented through Hanalei North Shore rentals & received some help with window treatments & toilet, but nothing else .I thought rental company would take care of problems, but felt more like we were not heard & ignored. Was awaken one morning at 4am with little kids loud voices wide awake, we had to have windows opened due to no ceiling fans.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank ileana59

Reviewed July 15, 2007

J4 has a great view but the unit really needs some tender loving care. Note the following:
70's style interior...bamboo with faded and stained upholstery
no ceiling fans and one broken box fan available upon arrival - replaced with a used working fans on pedestal
badly scrapped teflon pans...taken away and not replaced (you know how hard it can be to clean aluminum...several available)
screens allowing insects in...spider in one corner
here a lizard...there a lizard....INSIDE
vent in bathroom not pulling air through ....black mold on shower curtain and liner
rugs tattered and worn
sand in dryer vent
remote works poorly...skips channels and slow to respond
curtain rod over sliding door broken
nasty moldy smell in unit
Funny thing is...rarely do I complain about lodging...not this time.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seattlestan
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Sealodge is as close to the beach as you can get in Princeville. Stay in J4. Its clean and comfortable and has the perfect view of the reef and blowing palm trees. 5 minutes by car to Hanalei.
A great price and a great place. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank AbbieTraveler
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Great little place. Prior to booking, owner called me to answer questions. very personal. Furniture and appliances are new. Bed is beautiful and the view is splended. Right out your door is the best spot to watch the sunset. Not far from the trail to the sealodge beach. Nice beach to snorkel at. We saw fish that we didn't even see when diving. This place is ground level with a small lanai and the owner's Jim & Ricki had decorated nicely and its clean. We were welcomed with a fresh hibicus flower with a welcome note. There is Linksys wireless highspeed internet, cable tv, 2 televisions (1 in living room 1 in bedroom), washer & dryer, coffeemaker, radio & CD player, tons of movies & CDs, a fold out couch, small walk-in closet, and every little thing that you didn't think you needed. Even the toilet seat is awesome. And probably the best admenity is that they have a door code. No worry about losing a key while at the beach. Just remember the 4 diget code.

We were welcomed the next morning by a rooster calling and the beautiful sunrise. I felt like i was in a Jimmie Dean breakfast sauasage commercial. Also, before we left a group of nene' geese came right up to our lanai to visit for 1/2 hour. DO NOT Feed them.

The only complaint that i could struggle to come up with is that my Wife is a TP hog so 2 rolls of TP didn't last a week. And the window next to the walkin closet can have a death ray of sunshine in it in the evening. Recommend owners to put a currant or blinds to cover. Pretty minor complaints for staying there a week.

My Pros & Cons
Pros
- Princeville area the most beautiful to stay
- The sunsets and sunrise are steller
- The wildlife that visits your lanai
- Sealodge and C4 is the place to stay
- Hanalei is next door, we saw bethany hamelton there.
- Sealodge beach is semi private and snorkling is good.
- trade winds feel very nice, might have to use fan though at night.
- picture perfect and garden like scenery
- Nice to have Washer/Dryer

Cons
- Going to the south from princeville can be long if you did it just about everyday like us. (scuba diving)
- Do not buy too much from the Princville shopping center, very expensive
- Not too many low/average price resturants in the area.
- Sealodge condos can be small for more than 2-3 people.

Thanks Jim & Ricki!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sarkan
Reviewed June 10, 2007

Sealodge D-5 is a beautiful vacation condo. It's decorated in Hawaiiana with taste and care, and is very comfortable and well appointed, with washer/dryer, cable TV and free digital phone service (there is even a recliner--my husband and I fought over that). The views from our bedroom (and the lanai and dining area) are awesome-straight along the reef of Anini Beach to Kilauea Lighthouse, and the breeze blows day and evening, keeping the condo cool (there are ceiling fans as well). The path to Sealodge Beach is a little tricky but well worth the effort. The beach is lovely, good for swimming and snorkeling, and there is plenty of shade for non-sun lovers.
We had no bugs, just one little gecko (we kept all food closed up or in the microwave or refrigerator, so we didn't expect ants). The only issue we had with this condo were the thin little white towels for the bathroom--they were just not up to the level of the rest of the condo. I let the rental agent know about this, and they said they would talk to the owners. And that would definately not keep us from going back to Sealodge D-5. The north shore of Kauai is beautiful and this condo is beautiful as well.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank SacJAS
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We just returned from our stay at Sealodge C8 and it was great! The location was perfect, the view was gorgeous and the convenience of having a condo can't be beat. Being able to fix some of our meals was a huge savings. The beaches in the area were beautiful, though some did require some hiking. Also, if you want to spend a lot of days around the canyon, the north shore isn't convenient. But if you want peaceful, beautiful surroundings, Sealodge is perfect. C8 was in pretty good shape - it wasn't quite as updated as it was in the pictures on the website, but it was clean, and had everything listed (washer, dryer, full kitchen). And the view we woke up to every morning was amazing! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mjacobs76
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I literally had to tear myself away upon leaving~we stayed in unit J3, and although we had a few minor issues, the view was BEAUTIFUL. I've never felt more at peace than when I sat with my coffee and watched the sunrise over the Anini reef. Truly, Sealodge is the best place to stay, for those with budgets and for the wealthy...I can hardly describe my amazement. The only issue with the unit was that it was on the ground level, and so random people could walk in front your window, limiting privacy. Besides that, I had no complaints. The condo is not new, the appliances are older, but I felt so at home there I could hardly bear to leave after one week. It truly felt like home to me...I would recommend the SEALODGE to anyone....if I ever go back I will most certainly stay there again, and hopefully I will get the chance to go back...there's something amazing about Kauai, still unspoiled...the small towns, the red soil, even the chickens were totally great in my opinion, and to view the ocean from your living room window is something that cannot be described at all. Kauai, as an island, has a certain charm that cannot be described. It grabs hold of you, and doesn't let go....

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mariposies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
#1 of 4 in Princeville
Hanalei Colony Resort
Hanalei Colony Resort
#1 of 1 in Hanalei

Been to Sealodge at Princeville? Share your experiences!