Message from TripAdvisor:

“Unit H5”

and 1 more site!
Sealodge at Princeville

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
SFO
Reviewed September 28, 2006

I am sorry it took me so long to write this review. Just been busy. But after seeing the last post about someone hating the Sealodge, I had to step in. Your happiness must really depend on the unit you get. Maybe even who you go through to get the unit. I don't know. But what I do know is that I have never been more satisfied with my unit E-3 at Sealodge. My boyfriend and I stayed there June of this year and fell in love with it as soon as we opened the door. I mean, there were pictures that I looked at before hand. I even got the opportunity to speak directly with the owner, but nothing could have prepared me for the comforts of this unit. It literally was like our home away from home. Fully stocked kitchen, clean modern furniture, W/D, all kinds of videos, no noise, no foot traffic hardly, just peace and quiet. One of the owners also lives on Kauai and is accesible by phone for advice or to help with any issues you may, but probably wont have. We will come back again and again, time permitting. Please if you are considering Kauai, if you are considering the North shore (which I highly recommend over the South), if you are considering the Sealodge, take a look at E-3. www.hardyshappyhulahut.com
Ok, I'm done. Back to my busy life :)

• Liked — everything
5 Thank omegarae
Orange County, CA
Reviewed September 12, 2006

We were excited about this place based on a great guidebook review. When we arrived, there were 2 deadcockroaches in our unit and the place smelled like urine. Later on that night as we were getting ready for bed, another guest who had just arrived was able to unlock the door to our unit, thinking it was his. (The doors are locked and unlocked with a code, not key.) I wasn't able to sleep at all after that. I will say, though, that the view was nice, and that my parents' condo was much nicer than ours (no cockroaches or urine smell). Luckily we only spent one night there, since most of our time was spent on the sunny south shore. The north shore is so beautiful though and next time we will spend our time there, and stay at the Hanalei Bay Resort instead. We had a great lunch and dinner at the Bali Hai restaurant at the resort, as well as a fabulous massage.

• Liked — views
  • Disliked — everything but the view
  • Tips/Secrets — do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank pronto1024
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed August 29, 2006

We Stayed at Sealodge D4 Aug.13-22nd and loved every minute of it. We opted for this 1bdrm because of the AC option- a unit that blows into the bedroom and it was great.... I was way happy we booked with the AC because August would've been too hot for us even with the trade winds. A note on the trade winds- While we were there they blew mostly from the east and our apartment faced NE- I thought we'd get a bit of the trade wind but where it was situated it didn't really filter thru.... This is not to say that the D4 is in a bad spot... I think its one of the best for a view- straight out over the water - you don't see so much down the coast unless you walk out from the lanai. I was a bit anxious about booking a downstairs unit due to some of the other reviews saying it would be noisy with the upstairs neighbors but this didn't bother us at all.... I actually preferred being on this floor because we could pull our patio chairs and table and have dinner out on the cliff.... Awesome sunrise and sunsets. The 1 bdrm is small and great for a couple and maybe a small child on the couch - I would go for a larger apartment with more. We also got a great deal on this- it was on special when we booked for $120 and we booked directly with the owner..He was great and answered all our questions- very easy to deal with. It has a king bed and it was great- not too hard, not too soft just right! Great shower pressure, everything you need for the kitchen. We would definitely stay here again.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank Jujubeetravel
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 21, 2006

We stayed in unit H9 for four nights in August. We woke up every morning to the sunrise. The view from the bedroom, the living room and the kitchen was unbelievable. The unit was very clean. Free washer/dryer. Beach towels provided. The kitchen was fine for us--we just used the fridge and coffee pot. No A/C, but the place cooled down right away when we opened the windows.

We LOVED the beach. It was our favorite on the island. Even if you don't stay here, it's worth checking out. The snorkeling, especially in the morning, was fantastic. It was an incredible experience to have a beach in Kauai all to ourselves! There were mosquitos under the tree canopy on the beach so if you want to avoid the sun bring bug spray. We booked through ahh-aloha for $140 per night. We were shocked that we could get an oceanview room for this cheap. Sandy was extremely easy to work with and hooked us up with this unit after the one we requested was booked.

The location was great too. We drove the K'ee beach and hiked along Na Pali. We spent time in Hanalei Bay. We also drove down to Lihue and golfed. It took about 30 minutes to get to Sealodge from the airport. The drive to K'ee was longer.

We used the grocery store in the Princeville shopping center. It's more expensive than home, but get their discount card and it's not quite as painful.

Be sure to get "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook". It was an invaluable resource. We took it with us everywhere.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Cleaning fee
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to the beach!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank shesteki
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed in D8 at Sealodge on Kauai's North Shore. It was decorated very well and the view was terrific from all rooms. It faces northeast and has a view of the lighthouse. The weather was really windy while we were there so we didn't get to use the Lanai. We would love to return someday...probably May or June when the weather tends to be better. We love to snorkel but it wasn't the best time because of the flooding run off for visibility. We didn't get to try Sealodge Beach. We liked Tunnels, Hideaways and Poipu beach the best. Sealodge is very quiet and relaxing. D8 is on the top floor and quite private.

• Stayed April 2006
11 Thank jnini
Webster, NY
Reviewed March 19, 2006

We stayed in the Sealodge unit C1 in March 2006 and really enjoyed it. The exterior of the buildings has weathered to a rather unattractive finish, however you should not let outward appearances deceive you. The striking interior is well appointed and decorated. In addition, the view from the windows and the tiny lanai are quite spectacular. We were pleased to be able to watch the whales as we drank our morning coffee. The unit itself has some nice added features. The 2 separate bedrooms each have their own bath, so the unit is ideal for couples traveling together. There is also a washer and dryer for your convenience.

The C1 unit is near the path that winds down to a rocky shore and a small secluded beach. You should allow about 6 or 7 minutes to make the mildly strenuous trip to the beach. The path can be pretty slippery when it gets wet.

All in all, the Sealodge was a good value, and a very pleasant place to stay.

10 Thank Trave1er
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
#2 of 12 in Princeville
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
#1 of 12 in Princeville

Been to Sealodge at Princeville? Share your experiences!