Message from TripAdvisor:

“Seriously, what are people complaining about?”

and 1 more site!
Sealodge at Princeville
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The location of Sealodge is incredible. We are here right now in G-5 and we love it. We fall asleep to the sound of waves and palm trees and wake up to the same. G-5 has a loft bedroom which our kids love, a main bedroom for us, two baths, a lanai overlooking the ocean, and a living room with a daybed next to a huge sliding window that opens to ocean views and breezes. The unit is not fancy and the furniture is a little dated, but who cares? This is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been to. Sit on the lanai, look at the ocean, and feel all the stress melt away. This is a wonderful spot and a great value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank PearlieGirl

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just got back last night (8/11/2013). I had been a little nervous, given the reviews and my wife's sensitivity to odors.
The place was great. We stayed a week. The sound and view of the ocean, waking up to beautiful sunrises, the ocean breeze, the closets full of gear (camping, snorkeling, beach mats, beach towels, etc), quiet neighbors, benches right on the bluff, the brilliant red crested cardinals and endangered Nene that would stop by just in case you had an extra tomato or mango. We had a terrific time.
About other reviews: No, there is no one hanging out in the parking strip in an RV, I didn't get my gas siphoned, never heard anyone call it the Ghetto of Princeville. On the contrary, it is a very nice area. The age of the buildings or the furniture did not seem significant when we were there, everything was functional and even attractive.
Smell - The room is right at the top of the bluff, which means amazing views of the coast and a good strong breeze coming off the ocean. It also means more humidity. And the room doesn't have (or need, really) air conditioning. So, yes, the room smelled a bit closed-up until you opened the windows, cooked something, or even just left out a guava. Not a strong smell, but if you are looking for something to complain about, there it is. The worst spots were the laundry area the first time we pulled back the screen and the back closet by the camping gear. The couch to me smelled a bit like a guest brought a dog. My wife wasn't disturbed by the smell, which was my main concern.
Bugs - We found 2 mosquitoes in a week and two very cute geckos. An ant or two. No spiders.
Cooking - The unit has full kitchen, with all of the utensils and pans you are likely to need on vacation (and a dish washer). How well it is stocked my depend on the last guest - there wasn't much in the kitchen in terms of staples for us. Also, none of the units appeared to have a grill, instead there is a grill area that is a grate over concrete. More of a party-size than just a quick grilling for two.
Laundry - There is a washer and dryer in the unit, what was very useful.
Privacy - You will have people wander by your windows occasionally, mostly looking for the path down to the beach.
Security - It seems pretty secure, but when we accidentally locked the door handle, we discovered how easy it would be to non-destructively break into any of these units. (No, we aren't telling.)
Other - There is a small pool that was nice to swim in. There is a tv with basic cable and a stereo. The management company and cleaning crew are fairly responsive. The windows are cleaned every day or so. There is a small library of books, which came in handy. There is some sunscreen, aloe, etc left by former guests. The bathroom fan is VERY noisy.
And there you go, I think that covers everything. You'll have a great time if you have reasonable expectations. If you have the money to be pampered, check out the St. Regis just down the way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David W
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We have spend 8 nights in condo A1 in Sealodge enjoying both sunrise and sunset just in front of our condo. Falling asleep and waking up only to the sound of rolling waves was amazing! Well proportioned condo and good location for going to the beach, hiking the Na Pali coast, not far from Lihue. Definitely recommendable!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank DrPlesner
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few days during our honeymoon. As this unit is on the ground floor, it was much more accessible to bugs and we'd often find ants and spiders crawling around. It also smelled completely musty and mildewy and the sheets smelled AWFUL, like body odor. Once we did laundry (and made sure to wash the sheets) the condo became a lot more bearable and we were finally able to enjoy our surroundings. The view from E2 is truly incredible and you won't be able to find the same thing at this price point. However, it definitely came at a cost.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca R
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just came back from our 8 days stay at this F7 unit.

I want to give this place a 4 stars for the unit and the condo complex and its facilities get a 3

Pros:

1. The View: loved waking up to the beautiful view of ocean. The views can be enjoyed from both bedrooms, patio and living room.
2. Well maintained condo
3. Had the basics
4. Price.

Cons:

1. The beds in this condo are awful, we would always wake up with bad back and neck pains. Please if you are the owner reading this, please change your mattress.
2. No exhaust fans in the kitchen, when ever I cooked the smell would just linger around the condos and then to our cloths.. did not like that.
3. The sofa in the living room had this bad old cloth smell.

The condo complex itself:

Pros:

1. Location

Cons:

1. Like many others here, I have to say the exterior of this condo complex is hard to take in.
2. There is a swimming pool, which was getting cleaned everyday (i could see the pool guy from my bedroom) but it surprised me that there would always been sand in the pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deepti R
JimF7Sealodge, Owner at Sealodge at Princeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Deepti R,

Thank you for your considered review of Sealodge F7. I am very happy that you found the condo well-maintained and that you enjoyed the wonderful view. We try to provide the same experience to our guests that we enjoy when we are there, so I am very glad that you enjoyed these aspects of your visit.

I am deeply sorry that you did not find the beds to your liking. Your experience is perplexing, as these mattresses were purchased quite recently; we chose high quality bedding and specifically chose sets that have a plush layer over a firm base in order to provide comfort to as many guests as possible. In fact, one guest recently emailed our rental agent to inquire as to the make and model of the mattress because the bed was so comfortable. Sadly, we did not meet your needs, and we are, of course, looking into the mattresses and other areas of concern you noted.

I do hope that you enjoyed your visit to Kauai and that you will remember your stay at F7 as an overall positive experience.

Again, thanks for your review; feedback helps us improve our services for all of our guests.

Jim

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This unit has been updated. There is a queen downstairs and there are two twin beds in the loft. There are two full beds, one up and one down. There is a washer and dryer. The unit is on the first floor and has easy access from the parking lot. The unit has unobstructed views of the reef and ocean. There is high speed Internet
access. There are 2 large closets. The unit is not large, but the space is well used.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

C5 needs to provide TOILET PAPER! I was mid-cleanup when I discovered that there was no more toilet paper. A couple on a honeymoon should not be making an emergency trip to purchase toilet paper. The price of the TP should just be built into the rental amount. I am pretty shocked that we had to deal with this. I called up Patti (the property manager) and she assured me that she was "sorry", but that they didn't provide "paper product". At no point during the booking process was I made aware of the BYOTP requirement. The interior also needs a major facelift; besides the TV, it looks like it hasn't been updated since 1987. The bedsheets are all very worn and uncomfortable. The towels are thin and worn nearly to tatters. C5 has a nice view, though.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LMCMFFAA1986
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
#1 of 12 in Princeville
Hanalei Colony Resort
Hanalei Colony Resort
#1 of 1 in Hanalei

Been to Sealodge at Princeville? Share your experiences!