All reviewsbali haithe kitchenbedroom presidential suitetime sharethree bedroomthrough rcitimeshare presentationnorth shorethere is no air conditioningthe trade windsopen windowsrice cookergrocery storeupstairs unitmaster bathstainless steel applianceshot tub
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We rented a three bedroom Presidential Villa at Bali Hai Villas. As Wyndham owners we were able to get a free upgrade from two to three bedrooms a couple of weeks prior to our arrival. We traveled with another couple and used the third bedroom for storage and an extra bathroom. The condo was beautiful with a spacious with a full, modern kitchen. The lack of air conditioning meant you had to leave the ceiling fans on and windows open as the days were muggy that week, but it cooled down at night and we slept well. The lanais were very spacious although we did not spend a lot of time at the condo and there was not much of a view from the lanai anyway. Parking was convenient, in front of our condo. The staff was super friendly and helpful. They had an orientation program the first full day we were there and we were able to rent some beach chairs cheap which were delivered to our condo. The location is great for Princeville area attractions and since Kauai is small its easy enough to drive pretty much anywhere. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: Ask for a view from your lanai.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank drpaulDallas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had read many of the reviews of Bali Hai, some were positive while others were not. My family's experience at Bali Hai was very good. Check in was simple and keeping with tradition at places like this, when you pick up your parking tag there was the effort to upsale you into excursions and to sign you up for the owner's update. They respected our decision not to take them up on any of their offers. Our room was a top floor, 3 bedroom unit that had been updated. We were fairly close to the construction of the new clubhouse, but we never heard a thing. We had some minor issues with the dishwasher, but that was remedied by maintenance. Everything else in the unit worked well. I am not sure how great the televisions are since I never turned mine on, it was more peaceful to go to sleep with the wind blowing and the rain falling outside. The master had plenty of room and I loved the direct access to the lanai. I knew there was no AC and this wasn't a problem in the least. The breeze blew in steady all night and once I even got chilly. My kids, who didn't have a steady breeze, never complained of being hot. Of course, maybe being from North Carolina helps with being used to heat and humidity. And yes, there are roosters, and yes they will start their day around 5. Honestly, by the third day I never heard them and when I did, I just reminded myself that I was in Hawaii. So, instead of fighting it, I went to the lanai to watch the sunrise. The location is also super convenient to all north shore activities and not a bad drive anywhere else. I kept a blog while there that details all of the things we did, so feel free to check it out. http://roamingron.com. I can only speak for my family's experience and here at Bali Hai it was positive. I'd recommend the accommodations to anyone, particularly families.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronald1123
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We did and exchange through RCI. The unit was not upgraded but the room was so well kept that I had no idea. The grounds were very nice and we enjoyed the walking path out along the golf course. My one complaint is the pressure at the desk to go to a information update meeting. Even though I told the girl we were not going to buy she stated that the only way to get the activity discounts is go and hear what they have to say. I told her I didn't want to waste someone's time and she said that's okay we want you to waste there time. Ummm not sure the sales people want to hear that. Our sales guy was very nice and did not pressure us. The gift we received was not what they told us up front, so beware. Or better yet just don't go. Overall, the facilities was nice close to beaches to drive to but worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the Bali Hai Villas during my first visit to Hawaii. The facility itself was great but we were placed next door to a construction site. The noise was unbearable and we found ourselves always looking for somewhere to go. We were not able to enjoy the place and couldn't wait to leave!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the construction sites!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bselikoff
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We apologize for the noise you encountered due to being placed next to the construction area. We know that being able to relax on vacation is very important. Please feel free to reach out to the manager during your stay if this occurs in the future. We will do our best to prevent any similar situations from occurring.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Bali Hai Villa complex is a time share turned resort of a type typical in Hawaii. The newer units closer to the cliffs and ocean (you really can't see either) are nicely furnished particularly the Master with King, luxury bathroom and large bedroom wall flatscreen. Second bed and bath a good but not super. Lounge/Kitchen is comfortable resort style slightly upper end!! You are close to all of the amenities of Princeville and if a golfer you are in paradise. Also close by are the beaches of Hanalei. But in this part of the island unlike Poipu you do have to be aware that its up to you to find activities. All in all I'd go back and in a heartbeat if they install AC. They sy its not needed because of Trade Winds but when they don't blow it's VERY VERY HOT!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends