Review Highlights
Queens Bath is really cool

This is not a beach, This is not open and it is very dangerous, we saw someone try to go down with... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
JohnnyGalek
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
via mobile
The coolest- but only on certain days

This is one of the coolest places to visit on the island. It is a large natural lava rock tide pool... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
18marissag
Salt Lake City, Utah

Recommended experiences in and around Princeville
from $279.00
More Info
from $79.58
More Info
1,365 results
All reviews be careful low tide flip flops on the rocks sea turtles short hike winter months common sense high surf rogue waves large waves waves come watch your step residential area easy hike warning signs tree roots
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Queens Bath is an incredible sight. Make sure you wear walking shoes and use caution if it has been raining. Take your time to hike down but it is worth the mud. The views are spectacular.

Be prepared to get wet, if you choose, but use your head, don't get caught in the pull of the ocean. It is beautiful but it is also not super safe. Be wise. You can go without getting in the water and just get the views.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Net_Reh
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This was such a lovely spot, made me wish I had my grandchildren with us to enjoy these calm waters. Nice park, good parking, lots of families. Great place for a picnic

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

In short: definitely worth doing if you can deal with hassle of parking and (probably) mud. I live on Oahu and always make a trip to Queen's Bath if I'm on Kauai. The parking at the trailhead is located in a residential area and is extremely limited. I'd recommend paying the $15 at the golf pro shop for a parking pass instead of stressing about getting towed and ticketed. Once you get on the trail it's pretty easy. It can be slick, and I often come across places where I step into ankle-high mud. Don't let this deter you! I know so many people who come to Hawaii and turn around when things start to get dirty. So much of the beauty in Hawaii requires you first invest with some sweat and dirt. I've seen older couples rocking the trail, as well as young kids. You got this.

You eventually get spit out onto firm/dry rock as you walk along the water for a quarter mile (or less). The pool is easy to spot and great to jump into. BE CAREFUL, especially during the winter, as the larger surf can pose a hazard if you get too close to the ocean. Stick inland and to the tide pool and you'll be fine.

3  Thank agrizer
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This is a very popular place and requires patience to wait for one of the few parking spots. Or, you can park 1/2 mile away and walk. I don't know if the path is always REALLY rutted and slippery/muddy, but it was that day. Highly recommend hiking pole and shoes you're ok getting muddy - we used hiking boots that were filthy when done but cleanable. The path is mostly downhill there and, you guessed it, uphill back. Uphill was much easier because it was easier not to slip. The Bath area itself is beautiful and certainly worth the trip. Oh, there are MANY people on the trail, both coming and going. Recommend, but go prepared.

2  Thank riffilee
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I read the warnings in our travel book. We started down the hike in regular shoes and realized we needed hiking boots so went back to change. Other hikers were barefoot but a very dangerous way to do the short hike with slippery clay and tree roots everywhere. Your hike is like a puzzle, where to place your feet to avoid a fall. While tide was somewhat high, it was still a wonderful view of the powerful surf. But treat this place with respect and heed all the warnings.