“Spectacular ice cream. A bit crowded”
Review of Lapperts Ice Cream

Lapperts Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Princeville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Perhaps too popular for the staffing. Service was friendly and efficient, but the large crowd made the wait a bit long. Hard to beat the quality of the ice cream.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had both Lapperts and Roselani and felt the second was better. I loved Lappert's Kona coffee ice cream, but I liked it because it wasn't as sweet, and that's what I felt about most Lappert's flavors, they were less sweet than I expect from ice cream. The mac nut was a bit bland (especially compared with the other brand). So try both - Roselani can be found at grocery stores, then compare for yourself!

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Friendly service, great recommendations, and the flavors are truly unique. I will be back here again, and would recommend it for anyone feeling like they need a cool treat.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My family is not a fan of shaved ice so we end up getting ice cream in HI. We have had Lapperts on a few of the islands and this on in Princeville is a stop for us when driving to Hanalei. The flavors like coffee and vanilla are very fresh and simple. They also have great waffle cones. Small cones are more than enough and hit the spot in the afternoon without filling you up for dinner.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Okay so this isn't a knock on Lapperts. It's not bad ice cream but we prefer Pinks in Hanalei. The bad rating is because I refuse to consider an ice cream shop a restaurant and find it absurd that for years (at least 5 years) it's rated the #1 restaurant in Princeville. That's either insulting to the St. REGIS or Westin and I'm sure Roy Yamaguchi's Tavern is not excited about it either. Ice cream should not be rated on TripAdvisor or they should have a "Shave Ice and Dessert (ice cream) category on trip advisor for Hawaii.

Again not bad for ice cream and apologies for the rating but please get this place removed as the #1 restaurant in Princeville.

1  Thank Paneraiguy