“THE BEST ice cream !”

Lapperts Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Princeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
The Uintas
“THE BEST ice cream !”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The place is tiny, parking is awful, there's always a line waiting to be served, and there's no air conditioning, but so what? Relax and enjoy THE BEST ice cream you'll ever have ! While they do offer the obligatory "Cookie Dough", many of the flavors are island themed, These are the flavors that define true ice cream eating bliss! Free samples are provided. At the least splurge on a waffle cone, or better yet, a hand dipped chocolate coated cone with Macadamia Nuts on it ! Since there's no inside eating area, due to the outdoor temperature causing the ice cream to melt quickly, be prepared to eat quickly. NOTE: be sure to request a "punch card" that once filled will earn you a free cone ! Don't miss the best ice cream on the planet!

1 Thank Deroney

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yummy creamy ice cream in dipped waffle cones”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The chocolate dipped waffle cones plus some ice cream is a heavenly treat. Had it 3 times in the week we stayed in Kauai. Every beach vacation needs an ice cream place for an evening stroll. But it may be a bit far for many staying in Princeville so go ahead and drive.

It's pretty creamy ice cream so it is very satisfying but not quite as heavy as say a Ben & Jerry's.

And the best part - one of the only things open once the sun goes down!

There is seating outside and the shave ice place a few more door down can be had for those not wanting ice cream. Or go to Foodland for something else.

Dalton, Georgia
“My favorite coffee - Kauai Pie and some of the best ice cream”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have been visiting this Lappert's and other locations on my last 4 trips to Kauai. The Kauai Pie coffee is so good I load up a suitcase and bring it home with me. I also got some for Christmas the last couple of years. As for the ice cream, on this trip my wife and I ate here almost every night for over a week. You can't go wrong with which flavor you choose, but the Kauai Pie ice cream flavor is hard to ignore.

• Visited August 2013
Los Altos, California
“Ice Cream - welcome sight, but not that great”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

It was nice seeing Lapperts in Princeville. It is right next to the Foodland - pretty much the local hangout. Our teenage kids had ice cream. Welcome treat but they felt that the quality was not great. Not bad though.

Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nom Nom Nom”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Three words: Kona Lava Java! I stopped in to this quaint little ice cream shoppe by chance and I'm sure glad that I did! I ordered the Kona Lava Java ice cream as a milk shake; it was probably the best tasting shake that I have ever had...and I know my shakes! I am going online to order ice cream to be mailed to me on the mainland! Mahalo!

1 Thank Eric C