“Great destination”
other travelers have booked this property
View of Mt Namolokama from lanai
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
View of Mt Namolokama from lanai
Large lanai w/gorgeous view
Panoramic photo of view
Pali Ke Kua beach (across the street and down the pathway)
Sunset photo from condo
Awesome sunset view
View from across the street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Keesym
Utah
“Great destination ”
Reviewed November 22, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. It has everything we needed and I'd definitely recommend it, though we did have a few small concerns.

Pros: Full kitchen with plenty of pots/pans/utensils, etc. Gorgeous "little jungle" view from the patio, and view of the waterfall in the distance when it rains. Comfortable bed, and big big bathroom. Close enough to Hanalei and Kapa'a town that you are able to spend time on either side of the island without driving too far. Plenty of nearby restaurants and beaches and it was a friendly area.

Concerns: There is an outer door with a big lock, and an inner door with a smaller lock. However, the outer doors are shared with the condo next to us and were always left open by the neighbors. We were unable to lock the outer doors like the instructions asked because of this. We ended up moving a table behind the inner doors for added security, though nothing ever happened. It seems to be a pretty safe area.

There is no air conditioning and the two fans didn't help keep the sweat away, so if that's a must for you, this isn't your place. If you're used to some humidity it may not be a problem for you. We live in a desert so we're not used to humidity and it was tolerable, though unpleasant. But you kind of need to expect humidity when you go to Kauai!

There isn't any glass covering the windows, it's just mesh and wooden panels that slide open and closed, so it can get incredibly loud outside when you're trying to sleep. Birds were chirping in the early morning right outside which was tolerable and sometimes felt refreshing. The thing that killed me was the cats. There were two cats that wandered outside. They were super friendly and we took a liking to one, jokingly naming him "Red Eye." But because you can hear EVERYTHING going on outside, when those cats either started fighting or making love at 3 am, you could hear every piercing scream. I am the worlds biggest animal lover, but was ready to punt that thing to the next neighborhood. I'm not sure if they're wild or pets, but be prepared for a midnight display from them.

The bath drain was clogged when we got there so showering created a deep pool of water. The drain could easily be cleaned and this would be a non-issue.

All in all, I would recommend this place. It really was a nice visit and the owner is easy to work with. It was especially nice location-wise if you're looking for a north shore experience. I wouldn't suggest going in October like we did as most of the beaches were inaccessible due to weather, but give it a try when the waves are calm. It's a pleasant experience.

Anne O
Kaneohe
“Mountain view villa”
Reviewed September 6, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I arrived on Kauai after a short flight from Oahu, where we live. I had not visited the North Shore of Kauai for 8 years, and was excited to return. We had rented a house in Hanalei with our kids, and were returning as empty nesters.
This lovely villa, with amazing vews of the mountains behind Hanalei was a perfect spot! We loved waking up to the sun creeping down the mountains. Highlights included swimming at Queen's Bath, a horseback ride at Princeville Ranch, Holo Holo boat trip along the rugged Na Pali coast, swimming at Hanalei, and dining at the Dolphin and other Hanalei restaurants. It was a perfect hideaway, with quiet neighbors, and a fully equipped kitchen. Washer and dryer came in handy! Thank you for a wonderful long weekend! We hope to return.
Aloha,
Anne

sharondah...
Rehovot, Israel
“Enjoyed staying here a lot”
Reviewed February 23, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Quiet. The waterfall view was amazing after rain. We tended to eat on the balcony during daylight. The condo was great for the 2 of us. Kitchen is excellent. We had no problems at all during our stay.

Management Response
Feb 24, 2017
Richard - So glad you enjoyed your stay! Mahalo and Aloha, John
teejane44
Lewes, Delaware
“Great location and just what we needed for the two of us.”
Reviewed November 16, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

This end unit condo had good privacy as the lanai overlooked a wooded area filled with birds in the morning. The place was decorated nicely and had everything we needed. It offered so much more than a hotel room would, for a very reasonable price.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
CA1988_29
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hesitant to review to keep it a secret, excellent”
Reviewed August 12, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Great visit overall. Not as clean or new as many other vacation rentals, but you cannot beat the price for the location. This condo along with Pali Ke Kua are hands down located in the best location on the island. I write this review as I sit in a Poipu Beach condo and wished I stayed all 11 nights in Princeville. I thought filling 10 days on Kauai would be difficult. I was wrong - I could have burned all 10 days on the north shore. Hideaways beach which is the nicest beach on the island is right across the street. Queens Bath is a 10 minute walk away, and there is a nice grass area a block to the west to catch the sunset. Groups of about 50 people gather there on good nights. There is something about the crowd and locals that Ive never seen anywhere. There is a very intimate atmosphere. Hideaways Pizza Pub is also right across the street which has the best pizza on the island. The drive to Hanalei is about 10 minutes, and it's not a long drive to hiking trails or any beach on the north shore. The lanai view is outstanding and neighbors are quiet and very kind. The next door neighbor we nicknamed "toast" is an extremely friendly local. He brought us avocados, bananas, and offered coconuts. If you book make sure to check in with him first before going out to eat or hiking. He's full of local knowledge and is more than willing to share his vast knowledge of the island. Make sure to return the favor; kindness should be mutual, for it's local custom. I left him a few small bottles of liquor on his doorstep on the way out. The only hit I have is my clothes smelled musty after using the washer. Likely from past guests leaving clothes wet in the washer. Make sure to run a cycle with bleach first if you book. Kitchen was well stocked. Has basic necessities like salt, pepper, olive oil, laundry soap, and coffee filters. Bed was comfortable, but not on par with my newer perfect sleeper. Overall I felt very at home and comfortable at this condo. Renters should know most condos do not have AC, and is the case with this one. It was a bit uncomfortable at first coming from the high desert. After the first day we adapted and it was fine in mid August and my allergies cleared up breathing the clean air. If this is available and you are budget conscious, this is a no brainer. 100% recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Laundry
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing