“FANTASTIC”

Princeville Golf Club - Prince Course
More attraction details
Owner description: A highly rated golf course.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This course was beautiful, very challenging, very private, you always felt that you were the only people on the course. We never saw anyone in front or behind us. Club house and the Pro Shop are awesome. Should play this course at least once.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

It rains on Kauai, but don't let that deter you from the golf course! In fact, it kind of enhanced our experience. This course was beautifully maintained and definitely a challenge, but a lot of fun. High-quality women's clubs are available to rent.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We played 9 holes here twice in two days due to an unusual rain storm that started while we were on the 5th hole and did not abate.
We played in the rain until the turn when the ranger came out to encourage us to take a rain check and return the next day to play the back 9.
I think my husband would have finished but I was getting cold, so we happily rearranged the next day's plans to return.
From the people who collect your bags, to the pro shop workers, the cart ladies, the rangers, everyone is so amazingly and refreshingly pleasant. I loved the place before we even went to the driving range. The people here are simply excellent.
The ranger brings fresh pineapple slices out while you play.
We were originally scheduled to play the Makai course because I am a high-handicapper and I thought that would be more user friendly. But we saw an ad in one of the magazines you pick up at the airport, i think it was the one with the white cover, for $159 18 holes including lunch at the delicious Tavern by Roy, which we were already planning to go to, so we switched.
The Prince Course is GORGEOUS. Really, incredibly gorgeous.
It's got nice forward tees but if you want to play from farther back, it'll challenge you. The greens were spotless, amazing, and really true. It was such a pleasure to putt there.
The fairways, immaculate.
They have rain shelters on about every other hole in case a short rain blows through.
There are plenty of bathrooms on the course and the cart ladies took great care of us, even in the rain.
I would come back to Kauai just to play here, and I would play more than once. I really loved it and I'm not a great golfer!
We returned the next day for the back 9. They stored our bags overnight in their dehumidified room and had us play the 9th hole again to warm up and then we played the back 9 first thing in the AM with the maintenance people around. That was our choice, since we could have picked a better time. They were unobtrusive and very friendly. We had perfect weather this time.
I was surprised the course was not busier. They seem to time it really well. I never felt hurried and appreciated that we went out as a twosome. The course is great but the people are what puts it over the top! The bag tags are awesome too.
Mahalo!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The best resort course I've ever played. Form the minute you pull into the driveway and have your clubs unloaded they make you feel like a member. All of the amenities fit for a prince from the view in the clubhouse to drinks outside overlooking the 18th hole. The range is setup nice and the attendants know how to take care of you. We played after 3 to get a break on green fees, but I would have paid regular with no problem. Teed off from the blues and that was a challenge for me a sub 10 handicapper. Every hole is different by view and difficulty. I am never going back to Kauai so I am glad I didn’t miss this course. Must play if you are a golfer

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great course. I am a single digit handicapper and it was a beautiful course. Awesome layout. A couple of ocean view holes but on the back 9 it felt as if you were in a jungle. service was impeccable and they had a great pro shop. Bring a lot of balls. One of the best golf courses I have ever played.