We just spent a week at The Cliffs and overall it was good. Our first
week on Kauai was spent at a brand new resort on the Poipu Beach and we knew that the Cliffs was older and needed updating. The ocean view
is breathtaking - we saw many whales as we sat on the chairs overlooking the cliffs. The new recreation area (playground, basketball and volleyball courts and tennis courts) is very nice. The pool could use a facelift. The grounds are kept neat. I really liked the easy going atmosphere. Lots of bbq's. As for the units, I understand they are going to be renovated this spring. I certainly hope so! They are very roomy, but the carpet in our unit was atrocious. I was particulary concerned because we were travelling with our crawling twin babies - I'm still trying to remove the stains
on the knees of their sleepers from crawling around on the gross carpet. The kitchens are very well stocked and other than the carpets, the unit was very clean. They do charge a $50 "energy" fee/
week which I didn't know about before arriving. Maybe this is typical
of time share resorts? As you approach Princeville, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. There is a cute grocery store within minutes of the Cliffs (ran into Jodie Foster there!) I would definitely recommend hiking up to the lookout on the NaPali coast. Beautiful!! I would stay at the Cliff's again if the carpets were replaced. We enjoyed our week there. Kauai is the most beautiful place. Enjoy your trip!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 628 unit condominium complex on the Kaanapali coast of Maui, Hawaii. Studios up to 3 bedroom oceanfront penthouse suites. Duke's Restaurant on site, 3 pools and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your The Cliffs at Princeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffs At Princeville Hotel Princeville
- Cliffs Club
- The Cliffs At Princeville Kauai